Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Walking over a villain casting sounds very unlikely honestly. Especially over an unknown.

What's odd is that Craig was also against it and his name was used in the press release when he was the one pushing for Doyle in the first place.

Maybe he just couldn't stand the idea of acting against a  6'6 villain.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cookie said:

March 2020 is empty right now save for Mulan.

I am calling November 2021;I think Eon really is wedded to a November opening date.

The real news in the Variety story is it's not just replacing Boyle as director , they are pretty much tossing out the Boyle (and his writing partner) screenplay as well.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

What's odd is that Craig was also against it and his name was used in the press release when he was the one pushing for Doyle in the first place.

The Variety article says the Boyle script was the basic problem, since that is being tossed as well.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am calling November 2021;I think Eon really is wedded to a November opening date.

The real news in the Variety story is it's not just replacing Boyle as director , they are pretty much tossing out the Boyle (and his writing partner) screenplay as well.

Yay, more Purvis and Wade.

I can't believe that the duo who gave us Die Another Day (and the weakest part - the script) are the ones that survived that movie and a decade and a half later they're still the fall back for EON time and time again.

33 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, I thought that was odd that Craigs name was in the dispatch.

50 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Dalton didn't jump - he was pushed out by John Calley at MGM.  Cubby still wanted him but MGM wasn't going to finance another Bond film with Dalton, period.

Goldeneye with Brosnan was originally intended as a summer release but then True Lies came out and they had a few similar plot and set pieces so the script went into re-write and the date was pushed to November.

Since then Oct/Nov/December has been a goldmine for Bond WW so there's no reason they should change the date.

But True Lies came out the previous year unless Goldeneye was delayed over a year of you meant summer 1995

Edited by John Marston

Nobody is talking, but I’ve heard an approach was made to Jean-Marc Vallee, who followed Dallas Buyers Club with the limited series Big Little Lies and Sharp Objects. I’ve heard his participation is unlikely due to scheduling. Another name I’m hearing as a real possibility is Baby Driver‘s Edgar Wright, who has said he would love to do a James Bond. The other two helmers who were on a short list are Hell or High Water‘s David Mackenzie and Yann Demange, the ’71 director who helmed White Boy Rick. So there are good filmmakers who are available and if any of them accept, chances are Bond 25 would keep its date, I’m told.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, John Marston said:

But True Lies came out the previous year unless Goldeneye was delayed over a year of you meant summer 1995

Yes, it was meant for summer of 1995 and pushed to Nov 1995 for rewrites with filming starting Jan 1995

Edited by TalismanRing

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Spectre felt like a natural ending to the Craig Bond era anyways

If this is shit it won't matter, I'm perfectly happy with Craig's four-movie stint from Royale to Spectre. People may quibble about the quality of two of them but for me there probably won't be a better Bond run ever again.