Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wonder if they will delay it. 

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

OG GREAT now i will have to return to the BOND franchise.And it's a lot of IFs but if this si true and if McQuarrie ends up doing it and he sings for Bond 26 as well...then Cavill just came a step closer to becoming Bond after Craig.He was already Campell's first choice and McQuarrie said he wants to work with Henry again.Only thing that stand in his path is his Superman contract.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I stand corrected,that had a December release date.

But Licence to Kill was the last with a summer release date.

After all Man From Uncle was such a huge spy movie success....

Man from UNCLE was grea though.But Ritchie has a unique style that that's does not fit with every character and Bond is one of these characters.King Arthur was too.

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

At this point i can't see how they can make the current date.It was already hard enough.After Spectre a rushed Bond film is not the way to go.

20 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The director doesn't choose the next Bond.  It's all Broccoli.

SPECTRE didn't have close to a near complete script due the writers strike

Barbara Brocolli and Michael Wilson pretty much call the shots on the 007 films,just like Cubby Brocolli before them.

Frankly, if you a director who insists on 100% creative control on your films, don't expect to direct a Bond film.

17 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

They can easily make the release date. They are going to hire a yes man director who wants an easy hit under their belt and call it a day.

That is pretty much the way the 007 franchise has always worked.   The producers have always been pretty the much the prime creative force on the film.

That is why I never though that Nolan or Tarantino were realistic possibilities. They both insiste pretty much on creative control on their films,and they will never get that from Brocolli and Wilson.

And it's hard, for this franchsie, to argue with that.,given it's one of the most successful franchises in film history.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, antovolk said:

The fallout (heh) was apparently over the casting of Tomasz Kot as the villain - his agents confirmed earlier this AM he was indeed in talks with Boyle https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/22/danny-boyle-quits-bond-dispute-films-russian-villain/

Walking over a villain casting sounds very unlikely honestly. Especially over an unknown.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Walking over a villain casting sounds very unlikely honestly. Especially over an unknown.

but i think danny boyle is someone who's used to getting complete creative control on his projects steve jobs has really been his only studio for hire gig before, and maybe there was a "if they won't let me cast who i want for the villain what else won't they let me do?" line of thinking that made him want to leave.

53 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but i think danny boyle is someone who's used to getting complete creative control on his projects steve jobs has really been his only studio for hire gig before

I think he ended up getting final cut on that one with an exception of the studio keeping a right to remove element that they would have legal reason to with Apple/Jobs estate possible issues. At least in the Sony leaked e-mail people sounded ok with him having it and saying he has it at Fox and is a strong precedent for him.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Depend who Craig was pushing for (i.e. big disagreement could not have been about wanting Kot but not wanting who Craig wants.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

but i think danny boyle is someone who's used to getting complete creative control on his projects steve jobs has really been his only studio for hire gig before, and maybe there was a "if they won't let me cast who i want for the villain what else won't they let me do?" line of thinking that made him want to leave.

They didn't let him recast the Queen.

QueenBond_Reuters.jpg