Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

They want that Black Panther money. 

It breaks with 20+ years of tradition but no way were they making Nov/December and I guess they didn't want to wait for or maybe compete in summer. Though as of now Februrary looks more crowded and Disney & DC both have that date staked out

February (Details)
 Loud House (Par.) - 2/7
 Peter Rabbit 2 (Sony) - 2/7
 Untitled WB Event Film #3 (2020) (WB) - 2/7
 Nimona (Fox) - 2/14
 Untitled Blumhouse Productions Project I (2020)(Uni.) - 2/14
 Untitled DC Film (Feb 2020) (WB) - 2/14
 Untitled Disney Live Action I (2020) (BV) - 2/14
 Bloodshot (Sony) - 2/21

If we don't even know what those movies are there's low chance they're making that date though so Bond 25 should be fine.

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Further showing how ignorant you are. 

CJF is actually a brilliant choice, and I'm now far more excited about this than when DB was at the helm. As other posters have stated, TD Season 1 was a masterpiece. :jeb!:

Though, Rian Johnson was Geek God during his Breaking Bad stint...and then TLJ happened. :ph34r:

Point being, sometime TV success translates into movie one, sometimes it doesn't at least when it comes to fandom reception. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Though, Rian Johnson was Geek God during his Breaking Bad stint...and then TLJ happened. :ph34r:

Point being, sometime TV success translates into movie one, sometimes it doesn't at least when it comes to fandom reception. 

For better or worse, Bond is a much tighter ship - he'll have probably have almost no say on the script, but we can at least expect him to bring some atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

For better or worse, Bond is a much tighter ship - he'll have probably have almost no say on the script, but we can at least expect him to bring some atmosphere.

Which makes me wonder why he even signed up at all. He's known to have clashed with others on True Detective and formerly IT...so I'd put more than small odds he might drop out.

That's an interesting choice. I'm mixed on his work generally, but he has talent and could bring something interesting. I'm more interested in this than if they got some boring journeyman/unqualified indie dude to do it. Surprised they didn't give to it whatever the British equivalent of Louis Letterier or Jon Watts or something. 

Pink is right on him maybe dropping out though. If he got pissed off because they wanted slight changes to the IT script, dude definitely isn't gonna get along with these strict ass producers.

after mendes and the people they were going after for this the broccolis seem to be determined to make this look like an auteur franchise after near 50 years of anonymous directors, though auteurs who are still willing to play in their rigid structure. fukunaga also had that recent profile where he was all "i can take notes" and "i've wasted the best filmmaking years of my life" etc so i think he feels his current reputation is damaging his career so he wants to prove he can work in said rigid structure.

I haven't seen any episode of True Detective but I know enough  to adress a rumor I heard about this tv show :

that the writing and dialogs are not as ridiculous/cringy/facepalm-y in season 1 than in season 2.

It is.

Glad we cleared that up, rumors can be toxic.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Further showing how ignorant you are. 

CJF is actually a brilliant choice, and I'm now far more excited about this than when DB was at the helm. As other posters have stated, TD Season 1 was a masterpiece. :jeb!:

Cool then 2 years down the line you can say 'I told you so' if this gets more praise than spectre, I'm not counting on it though 

They are going for talented directors with no previous blockbuster making experience and its always hit and miss unless you are Marvel. I'm sick of seeing 'interesting choices', I think it's about time we had an exciting choice for James bond.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will be interesting to see what competition surrounds Bond.

A Blumhouse film, a DC film*, a Disney Live action film*, Legally Blonde 3, Nimona. It's a very busy day.

& the week after is Bloodshot.

*Probably won't happen.

Just now, Morieris said:

A Blumhouse film, a DC film*, a Disney Live action film*, Legally Blonde 3, Nimona. It's a very busy day.

& the week after is Bloodshot.

*Probably won't happen.

The DC movie is definitely Birds of Prey, will they stick there or maybe move a week ahead. No idea what the Disney live action movie might be, by 2020 all non blockbuster Disney movies will probably go to their streaming service.

The One and Only Ivan seems like Disney's February 2020 movie, especially since that wrapped up filming a month or so ago, and there's no other place the movie can go in Disney's 2019 schedule. Maybe it goes to streaming, but I have my doubts Disney would want to dump a movie that features Angelina Jolie, Bryan Cranston, and Sam Rockwell onto their service.

Edited by CoolEric258

14 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

^ Anyone have their Futurist snark translator handy? Mine's on the blink. 

"Shouldn't a man infer from Fukunaga's arrival, and departure, and fucking failure to make Season 1's dialogue more relatable as being connected not just to Pizzaman, but prefiguring Pizzaman in a causal sense?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

after mendes and the people they were going after for this the broccolis seem to be determined to make this look like an auteur franchise after near 50 years of anonymous directors, though auteurs who are still willing to play in their rigid structure. fukunaga also had that recent profile where he was all "i can take notes" and "i've wasted the best filmmaking years of my life" etc so i think he feels his current reputation is damaging his career so he wants to prove he can work in said rigid structure.

Just read that profile you mentioned. It's basically Fukunaga begging Hollywood to give him movies to direct and saying "I will do anything and not complain"