Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

19 hours ago, DMan7 said:

If this doesn't move then I think it's going to be a really rushed project for sure.

And I have real concerns that will impact the quality of a film; a rushed screenplay is never good news. SOme things you can rush and get away with it;but not a screenplay A good script takes time.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Sticking with Craig when everyone was excited to move on to a black or female Bond is maybe not a great idea. MGM should take this opportunity to start everything from scratch. I agree Spectre was a satisfying conclusion to the Craig era.

A female Bond is dumb. Bond is a hyper  masculine heterosexual fantasy character. Create a new female spy.  Changing the character's race is fine although I'd be just as fine with another white dude playing the role. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 1:54 AM, Zakiyyah6 said:

A female Bond is dumb. Bond is a hyper  masculine heterosexual fantasy character. Create a new female spy.  Changing the character's race is fine although I'd be just as fine with another white dude playing the role. 

yeah who the fuck was ever excited about a female Bond?

Isn't Black Widow basically that anyway?

Edited by Valonqar

Said Taghmaoui (Sameer in Wonder Woman) will be the villain if the producers and new director go Middle Eastern for the character. Boyle originally cast him: https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/exclusive-la-haine-and-kite-runner-actor-said-taghmaoui-in-line-to-play-bond-25-s-lead-villain-1.768217

“I’m supposed to do the next James Bond, playing the lead bad guy. I was cast by Danny Boyle, and just now he left the project, so of course there’s some uncertainty. We don’t know who the director will be, and the producers don’t know if they’re going to go Russian or Middle East with the baddie right now. I literally just received a message saying: ‘If they go Middle East, it’s you. If they go Russian, it’s someone else.’ It’s the story of my life. Always on that line between something that could change my life and something that disappears.”

Guess who is back: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6166379/Spymaster-writing-duo-rescue-new-Bond-film-director-Danny-Boyle-walked-out.html

Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (who were originally hired to write Bond 25 — its working title — before Boyle and Hodge were lured) have had their licence renewed and have bonded with Bond again.

‘The Purvis and Wade treatment they wrote earlier was already signed off before the bromance with Danny Boyle and John Hodge began,’ a Hollywood executive close to the production explained.

Purvis and Wade, working on their seventh 007 thriller, will develop their ‘treatment’ into a script.

That won’t be the end of it, though, because once a director has been contracted (heaven only knows who and when), he or she will want to put their own stamp on it in the way that Sam Mendes (who was at the helm of Skyfall and Spectre) brought in screenwriter John Logan, though in both instances Purvis and Wade contributed to Logan’s scripts.

There’s a keenness for women to be more front-and-centre in Bond 25, which will be Craig’s last run as Fleming’s famous ‘blunt instrument’ of a British intelligence operative.