Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

That's the best part - there isn't anything even close to Avatar's level. 

Without trying to continue/drag the previous discussion. I would say that 936m and the 600m+ makers are good examples to use.

A very insightful video about the blue-people franchise.

I sometimes wonder if Fox wanna recoup their "investment"(or losses) in Avatar sequels by selling itself to Disney.

@IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar @Lothar   thoughts?

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
edit
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I sometimes wonder if Fox wanna recoup their "investment"(or losses) in Avatar sequels by selling itself to Disney.

Firstly I have to just say I hate this guys voice. I haven't watched more than 10 seconds yet but damn it's obnoxious. 2 minutes in... his voice... god make it stop. Kevin. The way this guy speaks hurts me to the core. If he says twentay TWENNNNNTAAAAAAY one more time i swear... did he just say trill-la-jaaaay????

OK I made it through it.

Basically 3D isn't as popular as it was, 10 years is a long time so who knows!!, cultural impact meme and that the story got stretched to 4 films.

Nothing new except thinking going from 3 to 4 films means the script is stretched thin. Also he said the Visual Effects won't be a factor? Biggest blunder of the video how has this guy got 100k views.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Here comes a parseltongue.  Mr. weneedtotalkaboutkevin you are the only person I remember in this forum being banned for more than 100 million times :hahaha:

Why so negativity in you ? 

I didn't see you sharing any good stuff and remember we are talking about Mr.Perfect aka James Cameron he's no ordinary man. 

The man who does research and is expert in science will never make an ordinary movie. You can go through the highest grossing movies list. 

• Like 1

I'm a huge Cameron fanboy and i have to tell you, some of you guys have bonkers expectations.

It is highly unlikely that a phenomenon like Avatar retains all of its audience for the sequels (or even comes close), forget an increase. China is making the overseas run interesting but pretty much everywhere else it should drop. And that is fine, it doesn't mean people hate Avatar. If the first sequel manages to do Titanic worldwide numbers (including the rerelease) that would be swell...

Edited by Elessar

Just now, Elessar said:

I'm a huge Cameron fanboy and i have to tell you, some of you guys have bonkers expectations.

It is highly unlikely that a phenomenon like Avatar retains all of its audience for the sequels (or even comes close), forget an increase. China is making the overseas run interesting but pretty much everywhere else it should drop. And that is fine, it doesn't mean people hate Avatar. If the first sequel manages to do Titanic numbers (including the rerelease) that would be swell...

You've got it all wrong!

Because you're one of my favourite posters I'll let you revaluate when the trailer hits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You've got it all wrong!

Because you're one of my favourite posters I'll let you revaluate when the trailer hits.

Hopefully it surpasses Avatar's first teaser because that one got me a little worried. :P 

Edited by Elessar

James Cameron has a lot of new gimmicks up in his sleeve:

Kid actors/kid blue aliens, Kate Winslet as a blue alien, underwater motion capture (this alone is a huge gimmick), underwater scenes/oceans of the alien world, etc.

This movie will have lots of novelty and brand new CGI gimmicks that will probably create another bandwagon of casual moviegoers and people who don't usually go to the cinema that will watch this 10 times, spread positive wom, etc. since it's never been seen before and everyone will want to experience the new and improved CGI and share it with family and friends....kinda like the first one lol

Especially since this one will focus on family and will actually have kid characters, possibly making it more 4-quad than the first one (wow)

The long wait could actually help it and make it seem more of a once in a decade event film, actually that's probably how Disney will market it

In my mind, A2 will be the next highest grossing movie of all time WW (not sure about domestic though, it might be a Jurassic Park type situation)

As for A3, A4, A5...idgaf about them for now

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Royce said:

James Cameron has a lot of new gimmicks up in his sleeve:

Kid actors/kid blue aliens, Kate Winslet as a blue alien, underwater motion capture (this alone is a huge gimmick), underwater scenes/oceans of the alien world, etc.

This movie will have lots of novelty and brand new CGI gimmicks that will probably create another bandwagon of casual moviegoers and people who don't usually go to the cinema that will watch this 10 times, spread positive wom, etc. since it's never been seen before and everyone will want to experience the new and improved CGI and share it with family and friends....kinda like the first one lol

Especially since this one will focus on family and will actually have kid characters, possibly making it more 4-quad than the first one (wow)

The long wait could actually help it and make it seem more of a once in a decade event film, actually that's probably how Disney will market it

In my mind, A2 will be the next highest grossing movie of all time WW (not sure about domestic though, it might be a Jurassic Park type situation)

As for A3, A4, A5...idgaf about them for now

Pretty much in agreement but I would change the word gimmick too innovation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1