Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah with that Disney announcement, I would go with that thought too.  Otherwise, I don't think they would have announced what they did

I think Xmas '17 were always unrealistic. There's not a one mention on Twitter of any single activity around Avatar so makes me think they're still months away from day 1 of filming. Cameron says a lot of things but that's what he was doing since '09. A1 needed 62 days of filming, five days per week means more than 12 weeks. That's almost three months for one movie. And after filming they still needed 2 years for post-production and in the end even that was rushed, they had to hire more and more VFX houses. So personally I'm not even sure about Xmas 2018.

• Like 1

I think it would be very possible to make Dec 17 if it was just 1 movie, but since Cameron is insisting they release the sequels every year, I find it pretty unlikely. 2018 could (should?) happen.

EDIT- Completely missed the SW news. Do you think Fox would Avatar 2 and it's sequels in the summer (starting in 2018)? Would be unorthodox, but I think with this move, all SW movies are staying in December (including spinoffs).

Edited by Jayhawk

seriously hope i won't be in my 40s when this movie finally comes out lol

seriously don't know wondering which will come out first avatar 2 or game of thrones latest book , both feel like a really good dream i had a long time ago 

this damn disney news , although expected they just made a gazillion dough over the xmas holiday , their lone accountant did the math and voila 

29 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

We need to study why the hell the thread has 506 pages while the film doesnt have a fucking release date yet.

Well, 90 pages are from Kal. That's not including the people also arguing with Kal, btw. Just Kal.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Well, 90 pages are from Kal. That's not including the people also arguing with Kal, btw. Just Kal.

Yeah, most of it from Kal and his herpes posting.  With this new single issue poster ironjimbo, its been turbocharged and it will probably have another 500 pages in 6 months.  Their post counts in this thread are gonna be hysterical.