Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Wait do you hate 3D all together, or do you legitmately think they're are loads of films that used 3D better than Avatar?

3D sucks.  They are feel the same. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Not a big fan of this.  Cameron, imo, should branch out and do other things.

I have enjoy most of Cameron work expect Avatar and now he going to have five total Avatar films. I wish he would drop Avatar and do something else. The film wrapped up. 

i'm glad about the idea of having totally different stories each time. cameron's never been a sequel tease and it's something else to imagine that hopefully a 5 film franchise can tell contained beginning/middle/end stories w/ each film and be considered a novelty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Agreed, this announcement seems absurd before we've even had the first sequel.

It's the world we live in now. NOT POISONING THE WELL JUST AN EXAMPLE but WB greenlit and scheduled like 10 DC movies before they got BvS out

I mean, at least here they've got a 2.8B foundation. So they know it's popular

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I noticed they are in the off years of the Star War episode movies. Cameron and Disney must have worked out a schedule. 

Just what I was thinking. First the timing of the two announcements to move Episode VIII to christmas 2017 and Avatar 2 not coming out at that date, which happened surprisingly close to each other, and now Avatar leaving out that one particular christmas that happens to be the date Episode IX should come out. With the close connection between Cameron and Disney, this seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

I guess this could also explain why only Episode VIII moved, but not then Han Solo movie, which stayed in May. This would also hint at the third Star Wars spin-off also being a May-release. Just a nice split of the dates, so no one gets hurt by the other.

Edited by George Parr