Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Yes the 2nd extended version is 178 minutes, the 3-disc Blu-Ray also includes a section on disc 2 that contains over 1 hour of extended/deleted scenes that didn't make any cut of the movie. 

one example

This stuff is exactly what I mean. Having that scene included in the movie would have made the movie worse, it completely breaks the flow of that part of the movie and doesnt add anything substantial enough to justify it. You can be sure that for most of these scenes that did not make the cut, the situation is similar, theres a very good reason Cameron left them out. They are not "deleted scenes" in the sense that they are missing from the movie. Instead, the absence of these scenes is one of the aspects that form Avatar into the movie that it is.

As for what cut I think is best, the extended edition has alot of really interesting scenes in it and some of them I feel like do have an important place in the movie, but overall I think the theatrical cut is the best version of the film. To me, it feels like thats the version of the film that accomplishes what its sets out to do best. I especially dislike that the extended edition starts on earth, I think the way the theatrical cut starts is perfect and sets up the rest of the film much better, aswell as it beeing one of my favorite scenes in the movie overall.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Then there's Norm, he got so many scenes of his gutted. He fucks Trudy, he does an Arny pose.. a couple more scenes aswell.

Norm really didn't get a fair shake. 

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

Do not thing it ever got beloved enough to get people nostalgic of it thought.

The zeitgeist works in strange ways. I can totally see people missing 3D done right. 

I know i used to joke about this film never releasing, but with the date now set in stone: Im really, really excited about the BO run of this movie for two reasons.

1) It will prove the Cameron-loonies or the naysayers wrong. How much will this film earn? Will it be able to recreate the perferct storm that was Avatar? Or will it be "only" a highly successfull sequel that wont be able to reach those hights? Well find it out. And the discussions about it will finally end.

2) The pure potential for awesome numbers. 1B runs are exciting, 1,5B runs are great, 2B runs are extraordinary - and Avatar 2 is one of the the few films that has the potential to surpass 2B. It also has the potential to do 3B, if everything goes right. And it has the potential to be the "most disappointing 1,6B earner of all time" (future quote from @IronJimbo). The range where this film could land is gigantic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know i used to joke about this film never releasing, but with the date now set in stone: Im really, really excited about the BO run of this movie for two reasons.

1) It will prove the Cameron-loonies or the naysayers wrong. How much will this film earn? Will it be able to recreate the perferct storm that was Avatar? Or will it be "only" a highly successfull sequel that wont be able to reach those hights? Well find it out. And the discussions about it will finally end.

2) The pure potential for awesome numbers. 1B runs are exciting, 1,5B runs are great, 2B runs are extraordinary - and Avatar 2 is one of the the few films that has the potential to surpass 2B. It also has the potential to do 3B, if everything goes right. And it has the potential to be the "most disappointing 1,6B earner of all time" (future quote from @IronJimbo). The range where this film could land is gigantic.

$1.6b would be a joke, i would have to the leave the planet and have a fresh stat.. on pandora

4b is the goal

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

$1.6b would be a joke, i would have to the leave the planet and have a fresh stat.. on pandora

4b is the goal

High five iron jimbo!  We can do 4.5 b or better ww.. I too feel 3.6b or your number will be reached my friend. Lets see If juggernaut 2020 can much the mega box limits even further beyond!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

You mean DOM right ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol Dash . wow I rem captain Eo. That was a huge event at epcot center for decades

I've been 12 times to Disneyland Paris all through my childhood since 1994, Captain Eo was a staple ritual for my family every single time until its closure. You want to know the amazing part? That short movie wasn't even dubbed nor subtitled for european people (frenchies suck at english) and yet it was one of the most popular ride of the park. My family wouldn't understand a lick of the dialogues but would sit all the way through for MJ and the 3D spectacle. When it was replaced by "Honey, I shrunk the audience!", people grumbled and claimed Captain Eo's ride to come back for years. (Their wish was partially granted as it was rebuilt for a brief moment after MJ's passing but fans noticed that was a half-assed version of the prime version we know).

Edited by dashrendar44

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I watched most if this yesterday.

Only worth watching if youre big into theme parks.

Over 4,000,000 people have taken The Flight of Passage since it opened. Line ups are still very long. 

• Astonished 1