Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Old news but just a reminder of how much people can be captivated by the underwater world:

The popularity of BBC One's Blue Planet II knows no limits - or geographical borders, apparently.

The Sunday Times has reported the nature doc has attracted around 80 million viewers in China alone, thanks to viewers on the Tencent Video channel; a boost so large, it temporarily slowed down the country's internet, due to a rush of people attempting to download it.

It proved a sure hit on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, too, with Beijing film blogger Muhou Jun, with a following of four million, writing: "I watched with my mouth hanging open. Blue Planet contains a profound humanistic appeal to protect our environment."

Fankucha Zhendi, also from Beijing, with a following of 1.4 million followers, wrote: "I've been crying all the time... it's just so beautiful."

Kelvin Yau, BBC Worldwide's manager for China, ascribed some of the show's success to the fact it was attracting families gathering to watch the show together. "With the fast growth of cities," he added. "Many Chinese, especially younger generations, want to reconnect with the natural world."

I'm fully expecting the underwater world in Avatar 2 to have the same jaw-dropping effect. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Old news but just a reminder of how much people can be captivated by the underwater world:

I'm fully expecting the underwater world in Avatar 2 to have the same jaw-dropping effect. 

I remember posting this article : )

That's the brilliance of Avatar 2 which seperates itself from everyone thing else.

It's a struggle to comprehend how it's going to look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.fxguide.com/featured/weta-digitals-remarkable-face-pipeline-alita-battle-angel/

Alita is important on its own as a major film, but also as a sand box for James Cameron, who was both a Writer and Producer on Alita. He has commented in the press that the film has been a test bed for the technology that will be used in the upcoming Avatar films. Saindon comments that, "Jim's said that in interviews that Alita is the perfect environment for us (Weta) to start working on technology for Avatar. Everyone knows we're working on Avatar now and everyone knows that's where our technology's going.” Currently Avatar 2, Avatar 3 and parts of Avatar 4 have completed 'principal capture', with live-action filming set to take place in New Zealand for about four months, starting in May. Unlike Alita, Cameron has said that the live action is a relatively small part of the new Avatar films, telling the NZ Herald last month, "there are several live action characters that go through a lot of the CG scenes so it's about integrating the live characters into the CG scenes. Kind of the opposite to Alita where we had a few CG characters mostly integrated into live action settings.” He also added that in the new Avatar films, "I've got a couple of human characters integrated into the Na'vi rainforest, oceans, mountains, that sort of thing. We'll shoot that 3D, so everything is going to look spectacular. That sets the bar for the CG guys at Weta.”

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

How much stock do I have to own to get into the A2 screenings? 

I think 10% of current market cap. would get Bob Iger's attention. $17 billion or so would probably get you on the list for the premiere. 

😎😎

19 hours ago, DMan7 said:

10000 minimum 

18 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I think 10% of current market cap. would get Bob Iger's attention. $17 billion or so would probably get you on the list for the premiere. 

😎😎

I'm still poor to these people. I hope the younger Jim Gang are all aiming to be billionaires! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Why are people so stupid? 20% down, fixed rate (as low as possible) is the way to go. No sympathy for greedy people who bargained with the devil and took the floating rate. Anger at stewards of taxpayer money who do this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 3:38 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm still poor to these people. I hope the younger Jim Gang are all aiming to be billionaires! 

Wouldn’t be surprised if JC stans have a higher net worth on average. After all, we are smarter and have better taste than fans of other CUs, and Jim is our inspiration and he works hard. We also have patience. Lots of it. :) JC also came from humble beginnings and is a great personal role model. Of course anyone is welcome to be a JC Stan, we all have rich hearts. 😃

• Like 3

On 3/12/2019 at 6:52 AM, Deuce66 said:

I would love to get a few of those pieces.....

53853825_10156649976639064_3989141426679

This is why we’re here... god I love how Jim makes every actor put in the best work of their life and just melt into the movie instead of showboating.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, Deuce66 said:

😎😎

LOL, if I had 100 times less than 17 billion (170mil), I'd have already founded a company, making movies that will drive Disney out of business. :)

I could even start with 17mil. Many successful movies were made with much less than that.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Is that IPL in the bottom left hand corner?

I imagine it is relative to one of the biggest (if not the biggest) acquisition in the transaction : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_India

They have the IPL tv rights:

On 5 September 2017, Star India won the global media rights to broadcast Indian Premier League (IPL) for 5 years beginning in 2018. The company bid INR 16,347.50 crore to secure the rights from the previous broadcaster, Sony Pictures Network.[35]

Almost 3/4 of a billion viewers.

Is this a Photoshop or real ?  (well that was fast and I imagine some signaling of letting go of Fox has a brand quite suddenly)

Edited by Barnack