Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, AniNate said:

No offense to Cameron but I didn't want to wait another five years for this and there's always some kind of shit going down in the world.

Yes, this market condition, while not ideal, is good enough for Avatar 2 to be a massive success.

If market conditions do improve, that's good news for the sequels, set them up to drop very little or not drop.

Five years from now, who knows maybe China completely closes off its market from Hollywood.

12 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Five years from now, who knows maybe China completely closes off its market from Hollywood.

Increasingly likely unless there's a change in trajectory around Taiwan - particularly now that Xi Jinping has secured a third term. And the risk only intensifies the further into the decade we get. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say there's no time like the present for Way of Water as far as China is concerned.

Edited by daftcat

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

How long until (totally not paid) reactions? ;)

7 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

So... at which time are the reactions supposed to be released?

6pm EST, though reactions will be filtering in all night, since a bunch of different-timed screenings are happening today and the movie's so long lol

Cameron wasting the last stage of his career in Avatar's films is only awful awful. I hate Avatar so I can't see what he's deciding to do with his career as a good thing in any way, when he could be making other more interesting projects instead.

Of course I would celebrate if this flop and Oscars ignored it but both things are not going to happen... so good luck with the next Avatar movies I guess.

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

I can't believe we're about to get the first genuine reactions to this after 13 years of anticipation, delays and almost 1300 pages of forum discussion. Even more if you include the Mojo thread (Does anyone remember what we were up to before it was shut down?) 

• Like 8