Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I just want this to do well. I actually just want films to do well. The box office, although better than in 2021 and the horrible 2020, still needs more life right now. I hope PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH does well as well because it's amazing.

Cool..  I may check that one out after Avatar 2 viewings of course :)

• Like 1

RT's consensus: "Narratively, it might be fairly standard stuff -- but visually speaking, Avatar: The Way of Water is a stunningly immersive experience."

Very misleading. Way too many critics have glowing praise for the story and characters to dismiss this is as "standard stuff."

Edited by danziger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, danziger said:

RT's consensus: "Narratively, it might be fairly standard stuff -- but visually speaking, Avatar: The Way of Water is a stunningly immersive experience."

Very misleading. Way too many critics have glowing praise for the story and characters to dismiss this is as "standard stuff."

I mean looking at the reviews and avg they are right.

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I already saw it the other day because from now until the end of the year, I'll just watch and rewatch THE WAY OF WATER. 😅

Hah hah as long its not to crazy I will be joining you as well for multple returns my friend :)... LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Holy moly, what a turnaround, Grace loved the film, it blew her away, even the story and characters!

Hats off to her. First she made a click bait review by hating avatar and draw all the attention and after she got what she wanted she praised the second one. Nice move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Holy moly, what a turnaround, Grace loved the film, it blew her away, even the story and characters!

Is there a "you've got a face made for radio" equivalent for voices? because I can hear her just looking at that thumb nail and it's awful. 

More power to anyone that can watch those videos.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, danziger said:

You're really seeing most critics saying the story is mediocre? I'm not seeing that at all. Praise for the story and characters vastly outnumbers the criticism.

Thank you .. I think millions of people would say its all looking great on all fronts. Lets not let anyone bait us into arguing what is obvious.. Way of the Water is already getting  massive Love from audiences brother Danz... And thats the goal to go beyond Everything!!

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Very Nice UpdateBrother Stuart.. Winning her over  is saying something... Shes been tooting Avatar 2 could be in trouble and Cameron might have dropped the ball for a long time. .Good to see shes is Now a Proud Pandorian Now lol

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

What the critics think of this film means nothing re: box office. The third act is getting a lot of praise, which bodes well for the WoM. To be honest, I was a bit surprised how polarising the UK reaction so far. I know it's a small sample size, but there are a lot of 5 star reviews and significant 1 star reviews flying as well. Those who like it, really love it, those who can't buy into it, really hate it.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

7 minutes ago, danziger said:

You're really seeing most critics saying the story is mediocre? I'm not seeing that at all. Praise for the story and characters vastly outnumbers the criticism.

If that was the case, the movie would easily have an 8/10 average rating or higher. Not everyone likes the story, and that's okay.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well someone just give it a 2/10 that counts for metacritic so let's say goodbye to the sweet 71 it was holding until now 

Another 2/10 besides Robbie Collins from The Telegraph??? That one is already counted on MC and RT.

Edited by Dragoncaine

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well someone just give it a 2/10 that counts for metacritic so let's say goodbye to the sweet 71 it was holding until now 

got a link?