Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

So does anyone have a definitive answer to the HFR question? 

most of us I suspect will be seeing the movie in IMAX (liemax) 3D, whether that be single or dual laser. As I understand it, the movie can be projected at HFR with both single and dual, but the dual lasers might not be able to do 4K due to overheating. 

Regardless, are all IMAX 3D laser showings going to be in variable HFR or not? 

At my cinema when you order tickets online its clearly stated you are buying 'IMAX 3D HFR' ticket

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

So does anyone have a definitive answer to the HFR question? 

most of us I suspect will be seeing the movie in IMAX (liemax) 3D, whether that be single or dual laser. As I understand it, the movie can be projected at HFR with both single and dual, but the dual lasers might not be able to do 4K due to overheating. 

Regardless, are all IMAX 3D laser showings going to be in variable HFR or not? 

Overheating won’t have anything to do with it, both laser projectors have their own fairly large cooling units connected to them with extractors to remove the heat. 

• Like 1

whatever the reasons, and even if audiences end up loving it, its pretty dissapointing to see that a cameron sequel a decade n the making needs to fight to stay in the 70's on mc

genuinely thought this had a shot at a 90 

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

whatever the reasons, and even if audiences end up loving it, its pretty dissapointing to see that a cameron sequel a decade n the making needs to fight to stay in the 70's on mc

genuinely thought this had a shot at a 90 

If it helps Cameron stans cope:

Mega box-office bomb The Last Duel was the best big movie of 2021 and its sitting at 67 MC and 85%/7.3 AR on RT.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

so, here is my thing… So that we can keep the discussion going for another 10 pages…

are the reviews good enough to give it a final bump for pre-ticket sales? Because a lot of the reviews almost feel like confirmation biased. The glorious reviews are going to appeal to the people who already want to see the movie. And are already #TeamCameron.  The negative reviews say that it is super beautiful, but there is nothing beyond that. Which also feels like criticism that’s been lobbied against all of the trailers for the past couple months.

so what I’m saying, is, it feels almost like a wash. I’m just wondering if people think that as well, or if I am just on my own little island?

Wouldn’t Morocco be more intriguing because they’ve never been there before? Or are people just assuming that the Argentinian team is gonna walk over them? Or am I just thinking that Morocco is more interesting, because I’m rooting for them?

It's a great story and I hope Morocco keeps winning, but ratings-wise, France-Argentina is the dream match for FIFA. Mbappe vs Messi, the GOAT vs the first repeat since 1962, etc.

Frankly, it's going to get at least 1 billion people regardless now that Messi is in, but France vs. Argentina a near lock to break the 2014 record if it's close.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Sorry I thought Dune was a bit dry and have 0 interest in watching Spiderman Orgy movie.

Anyways back to Avatar: The Way of Water Runs Cold

Have your fun while you can because i feel you wont be having fun as the days and weekends go by in this box office run.😋

Just now, stuart360 said:

Have your fun while you can because i feel you wont be having fun as the days and weekends go by in this box office run.😋

Oh I'm sure it'll make a ton of money, probably somewhere around the first one.  Will it actually be good is another question.  I'll give you my thoughts on Monday or Tuesday.  :)

There's a hilarious "takedown" attempt of TWOW by a channel with nearly 200k subs, calling it "the worst big budget movie ever" and the guy hasn't even seen it yet, he's just cherrypicking bad reviews to say it's being "raked over the coals" and predicting it will flop. He says "I'm gonna be laughing this whole holiday season at James Cameron's ego." 🤣 I won't link to it since it deserves no promotion but thanks to these people for making Avatar's success all the more satisfying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, danziger said:

There's a hilarious "takedown" attempt of TWOW by a channel with nearly 200k subs, calling it "the worst big budget movie ever" and the guy hasn't even seen it yet, he's just cherrypicking bad reviews to say it's being "raked over the coals" and predicting it will flop. He says "I'm gonna be laughing this whole holiday season at James Cameron's ego." 🤣 I won't link to it since it deserves no promotion but thanks to these people for making Avatar's success all the more satisfying.

Its quite funny how riled up AVATAR and Cameron get some poeple, cringy but funny.

I say bring them on because they are the only ones that will be in pain as the film makes 2.5-3bil.