I'm alive.

Wow 

Lets get some records in HV sales.

" Lets get it Done!"

680M Domestic and -2.3BWW!!!

YEEEHAWWWWWW!!

Zoe Saldana Fight GIF by Avatar

On 2/27/2023 at 5:49 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

its not looking likely, but I hope they manage to sneak in one special edition before that

Well and with a SEdition perhaps we will soar over 700M Domestic :).

680-690M Range coming up Interiordecorator... Lets Go!!

On 2/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, Borobudur said:

The chance for the movie dip to 74% is gone and hardly matter anymore. The movie is now 3rd highest grossing film of all time and Oscar-worthy pic. 

Without a doubt :)

680m Domestic and a crazy absurd in the pandemic 2.3B+WW and climbing!!

Fun Swimming GIF by Avatar 

14th weekend increased 10% with actuals, continuing to have a far higher PTA than other movies that are in way more theaters. 4th highest PTA among movies in 200+ theaters, 11% higher than the previous two weekends. On its 14th weekend exactly a year ago, Spider-Man: No Way Home's PTA was $550 lower than Avatar 2's, but it was in 1400 more theaters.

• Like 2

I always expected avatar to revive after a lackluster opening, even had prepared a song for when the first magic drop occurred,  but I let pre-release tracking get to my head, so the average opening weekend was enough to send me dooming, meaning that I lost faith on the inevitability of the magic drop and was completely blindsided when it happened on the third weekend, so blindsided that I forgot about the song

without further to do, here's the song I would have liked to post in the 3rd-weekend thread

• Like 2

15 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I always expected avatar to revive after a lackluster opening, even had prepared a song for when the first magic drop occurred,  but I let pre-release tracking get to my head, so the average opening weekend was enough to send me dooming, meaning that I lost faith on the inevitability of the magic drop and was completely blindsided when it happened on the third weekend, so blindsided that I forgot about the song

without further to do, here's the song I would have liked to post in the 3rd-weekend thread

Video's not available.

49 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

Video's not available.

its "alive" by meatloaf

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

It's at 680.4m DOM (OS hasn't gotten updated yet, i think). Might finish with around $685m. Too bad, had it been a few million more Disney might have been inclined to push it to hit $700m. Oh, well, a great success nevertheless...

24 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's at 680.4m DOM (OS hasn't gotten updated yet, i think). Might finish with around $685m. Too bad, had it been a few million more Disney might have been inclined to push it to hit $700m. Oh, well, a great success nevertheless...

I think after that opening weekend, 99, 9 % of us will be more than happy with this number, and many here forecasted under 500 M or even less, so having this 5X is somethingreally excellent.  3rd highest multipler for movies over 100 M, so this is really good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, setna said:

I think after that opening weekend, 99, 9 % of us will be more than happy with this number, and many here forecasted under 500 M or even less, so having this 5X is somethingreally excellent.  3rd highest multipler for movies over 100 M, so this is really good.

Second after TGM
maver.jpg

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

considering how decent the PTA is, wouldn't be surprised if a small expansion could get it to 695, and from then on disney can take over to get it to 700

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

These are very strong numbers at the end of the day, but it does make me wonder if the next movie can keep up the momentum. 

My gut tells me A3 is gonna be better than A2. If the movie is good with a bigger China cume is gonna likely best A2.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

This looks like it's been made available online a little early. IMAX ratio too.

Actually, digital version is in 1.85:1 which have little more information at top and bottom of frame than IMAX 1.90:1. It's in Dolby Vision too, will wait for 4k UHD blu-ray as I want physical release.

gfg.png

Edited by adaros
  • Like 1