Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 5/15/2023 at 12:41 PM, SnokesLegs said:

Are they ever going to release this on Blu Ray? Kinda feels like Disney are punishing me for not wanting to buy a crappy compressed streaming version at this point…

I think they are waiting and wanting to push this with even more bonuses. Thats why Im waiting lol. Got the shaft with Avatar BR, but luckily I had so much bonus stuff saved on my laptop it didnt feel as bad lol. Hopefully a 4K BR extended will be coming soon Brother Snokes

• Like 1

so i've been watching Friedman's the sarah connor chronicles and its pretty cool, going to be sad when I reach the point where it was canceled, but I've got a question about the writers of each avatar movie

2-3 (initially 1 movie) were written by the marriage, right?

Friedman is writing 4, right? no wonder Cameron says its the best of the bunch

really not crazy about the writer of 5, hope the series doesnt end with a noticeably worse movie 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

10 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

So final number is $2.32B.

Absolutely amazing. It would’ve easily crossed $2.5 with actual China and Russia. Shame.

I wonder how bigger the total would’ve been with 2009 ER.

More than 3 B easily, inflation also counts and have passed 13 years since the first. 
Anyway is a gigantic success, especially in Europe, where the moviegoing was really depressed since last 10 years and even more after 2020. It has doubled the number 2 of the last 10 years in many countries and this is a great great achivement.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

A2 is coming out to Disney+ this coming week. Weird to see a movie went out theater completely before the streaming debut in this streaming era. 

Thats the power of James Cameron

b5b00323bbef2df1f46cb61802b03ab4.gif

• Like 1

Not good news.....more like a kick in the pills.....

Hollywood Reporter - June 13/2023

Disney’s film empire has reimagined its theatrical release calendar in a major way.

The studio announced a slew of changes on Tuesday, led by the news that it is setting two Star Wars movies for 2026 and pushing back Avatar 3 by a year, from December 2024 to December 2025. Additionally, Avatar 4 will now hit theaters in December 2029, followed by Avatar 5 in December 2031 — meaning 4 and 5will now open three years later than previously announced.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

A little bit off topic, but cameron finally comments on the titan tradegy. He comes straight to the point and is 100% spot on. He knows what he is talking about. His dedication and perfectionism is unmatched.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 2