Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

52 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This seems extremelly big, DS2, Wakanda Forever etc did 2.1M or so 

And Avatar have a way bigger runtime, this should make a splash on Nielsen if both Warner and Max send the minutes watched 

On same first 5 days?

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

And Avatar have a way bigger runtime, this should make a splash on Nielsen if both Warner and Max send the minutes watched 

I'm a little confused... These number for Avatar are D+ and Max? Strange and Wakanda were never on Max, right? Wouldn't that put both at a decisive disadvantage.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm a little confused... These number for Avatar are D+ and Max? Strange and Wakanda were never on Max, right? Wouldn't that put both at a decisive disadvantage.

Not really.

Doctor Strange and Wakanda Forever have way smaller theatrical windows of 2 months only and debuted on streaming along with PVOD, so their releases on D+ was a way bigger deal and the movies was still very fresh.

While Avatar is on D+ and Max (even if we all know Max likely is a small part of the data), on the other hand it had full 3 months of theatrical exclusivity, then goes into PVOD in March and did insanely well there for another insanely long 3 months of exclusivity before it goes to streaming. The fact that the movie is matching big MCU movies on streaming after such long and successful runs in 2 other platforms is very telling about how huge Avatar truly is not only in theaters. Same happened with Avatar 1 when it ended up being the best selling Blu-Ray ever before Frozen beat it. 

• Like 2

I don't give a shit about what Samba TV says I will personally wait for Nielsen that said if I remember correctly the previous biggest (HBO)Max/Disney+ shared title was Free Guy and that did 2.5m over 5 days so very similar.

source: 

On 6/25/2023 at 2:18 PM, ThomasNicole said:

Wow all :).. Very Nice.. 

.....Meanwhile ......Flash chances of BO thunder collaspes. It Bombs everywhere overseas as well... As it deserved too.. I mean why didnt they recast with dude from the Flash show :(

Alita 2 news/confirmation? 

When speaking to Forbes about the reasons behind selling his Coastal California estate he threw out this nugget. 

Family has been central to the Camerons during their two-decade-plus stay at the ranch and it’s partly why they’re selling. The couple’s three children are “all pretty much out on their own now,” the Canadian-born director says. “And on Avatar, I’m working in Wellington and Los Angeles. And on the new Alita: Battle Angel films, I’ll be working in Austin, so it just didn’t make sense for us anymore.”

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

You know seeing these big name blockbusters continue to underperform, or even outright flop, A2's 2.3bil looks more and more impressive with each passing week, especially when taking into account that the 2.3bil number would of been considerably more if China hadnt been covid ravaged right before release.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

You know seeing these big name blockbusters continue to underperform, or even outright flop, A2's 2.3bil looks more and more impressive with each passing week, especially when taking into account that the 2.3bil number would of been considerably more if China hadnt been covid ravaged right before release.

I daresay A2 may have even contributed to the downfall of several big tentpoles since it changed the mindset of a few people to where they will now only go to the theatres for a spectacle event or a movie with extremely good WOM. How can you justify paying the same amount of money to see The Flash in a PLF format after A2? Crap CGI has existed in the past but it seems it is being punished a lot more in 2023 than it has previously.

• Thanks 2