Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Endgame though was the conclusion of dozens of films, featuring every MCU character and their grandmothers as well as having an incredible must-see factor because of the ending of Infinity War and beeing the grand final showing of beloved characters like Iron Man and Captain America.

Avatar 2 is one more film about blue people.

Avatar 2 is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all-time. Sounds inevitably more interesting than a 6th dinosaur movie ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Avatar 2 is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all-time. Sounds inevitably more interesting than a 6th dinosaur movie ;) 

b91.gif

Excuse me. What did you just say?

• Like 1

Just now, KnucklesXXR said:

Might be time for an "Avatar 2 WW over JWD + JWK" Club

:hahaha:

That abomination of an idea would see a worse fate than Teles Blackhat club. Ask yourself if you really wanna go there :Venom:

Spoiler

Btw, for the record, im expecting 2 Billion+ for Avatar 2. I just have fun teasing those Cameronites from time to ime.

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Avatar WW >> Marvel Phase IV (WW) sounds better!!

Phase 1 did 3.8 billion ww : Can see one of the avatar sequels doing that on its own (lets say 5 for now)

Phase 2 did 5.2 billion : 1 and 2 will be enough to surpass that

Phase 3 did 13.5 billion with 11 movies: You need need every avatar sequel averaging 2.625 billion, I can see it

Phase 4 currently has 11 movies announced, same number as phase 3, they also have Blade and 4 pseudo-announced movies but I think those might be phase 5, there's also the possibility they sneak in an avengers type film to close of the phase, so that's 12 movies, phase 4 is already at 3.1 billion with 4 movies 

Quick fire inflated predictions; DS 1.4, T4 1.3, BP2 1.5, TM 1.2, G3 1.2, A-M3 1, F4 1.5, A5 (might not exist) 3.8 

The numbers are of course bs, but i assume that's what they'll aiming for

For a nice round number of 16 billion from 12 movies

Counting A1 as a 3 billion movie, 13 billion from from the 4 sequels is what's needed, that's requires each movie to average 3.25 billion, that's harder, but I can see it happening if all 4 sequels are "bitchin" and cause bladder problems in audiences

I've been waiting for the second part of this iconic movie for a very long time. You have to agree, it's the best movie ever. Part 1 is awesome! I'm really looking forward to part 2, it's even exciting. Terribly exciting.
It's fantastic, it's not a movie.
I've never seen a movie like this before. I hope it shows up right away on soap2day .

Edited by nasvayta

On 3/28/2022 at 1:28 AM, Brainbug said:

Endgame though was the conclusion of dozens of films, featuring every MCU character and their grandmothers as well as having an incredible must-see factor because of the ending of Infinity War and beeing the grand final showing of beloved characters like Iron Man and Captain America.

And even after all that it's still number two to 'one more film about blue people'. The cognitive dissonance of people doubting the box office potential of A2 is really baffling.

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

When the FUCK do we get some damn footage

Maybe in the summer? Amids some of the blockbusters there (Doctor Strange/Dominion/Lightyear/Thor, if it stays) to get many people to watch the trailer in the cinemas?

• Like 2

Avatar was released in a total of 3,457 theaters in the US, of which 2,032 theaters ran it in 3D

8,989 3D screens at the end of 2009 (worldwide), 3548 domestic (each theater had 1 or 2)

14,706 domestic 3D screens in 2021, 126.34 thousand worldwide

What am I supposed to do with that information?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Teaser coming in the next few weeks.  

Well let's hope this is a good one. 

The teaser for the first one is probably one of the worsts ever made. While the trailer is probably one of the bests ever made.

Edited by ThomasNicole

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well let's hope this is a good one. 

The teaser for the first one is probably one of the worsts ever made. Whole the trailer is probably one of the bests ever made.

Hehe yeah, i wouldn't say worst but the teaser was pretty underwhelming. Probably the SFX weren't ready yet. The full trailer was ace, though. I feel like the sequel has much longer lead time so not being ready is no excuse this time around...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Hehe yeah, i wouldn't say worst but the teaser was pretty underwhelming. Probably the SFX weren't ready yet. The full trailer was ace, though. I feel like the sequel has much longer lead time so not being ready is no excuse this time around...

Agreed. Not only the wait is too long, but this movie have lots of haters online, so the teaser must be excellent to avoid big mockery.

I'm hopeful tho, this movie is in post production since 2020, i'm sure Cameron have jaw dropping fully finalized shots to show.