Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The world cup won´t have any affect not that late expect maybe a little bit during the final. There is plenty of time to go another time of the day or just different. I was thinking about going on the 14th but since the WC semifinal is that day I will just go earlier in the day or on the 15th. It´s a non-issue

On 11/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, GOGODanca said:

@ThomasNicole do you have the awards thing you posted about couple days back?

Yes, the live was delayed to today 

It's 2 pages of the FYC critics choice book (or PDF on the case of this member) 

They're trying all categories 

Screenshot-20221117-222435989-1.jpg

Cameron is also going to Directors Guild Award event this saturday, i have no idea if the guild will see the movie already, but they're definitely pushing an awards campaign. 

Let's see if the movie will get rave reviews like the first one, i think it can get into Best Picture with great reviews especially considering many of the more traditional contender are facing divisive responses.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, the live was delayed to today 

It's 2 pages of the FYC critics choice book (or PDF on the case of this member) 

They're trying all categories 

Screenshot-20221117-222435989-1.jpg

Cameron is also going to Directors Guild Award event this saturday, i have no idea if the guild will see the movie already, but they're definitely pushing an awards campaign. 

Let's see if the movie will get rave reviews like the first one, i think it can get into Best Picture with great reviews especially considering many of the more traditional contender are facing divisive responses.

could you please link the video?

Like this post if you think we should have some sort of prediction event for Avatar: The Way of Water! 👍

I think it will be fun, some sort of poll? Or Competition. I think this film deserves something a little more than a club.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Juby said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-james-camerons-avatar-the-way-of-water/

4 weeks before the realese date and they have $245m range in their forecast? That's not forecast at all.

My early prediction:

opening weekend $215.8m

domestic $870m

Top Gun 2 $716M+ DOM...

BOP Avatar 2 BO DOM range - up to $720M...

Leaving open the possibility of Top Gun 2 losing the year:)...

Avatar 2's word of mouth is unescapable, the quality of this movie is assured. If you're doubting it, you're doubting Jim history and ignoring all the available knowledge about the movie.

Edited by IronJimbo

16 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Good to see, but tbf, considering the competition this Holiday, it would be disastrous if Avatar isn't number 1 "want to see"...

Considering the #2 choice was Strange World

To me, the bigger takeway from that survey were these points:

• 91% are more likely to go to the theater for a film that demands to be seen on a big screen, with big sound and a receptive audience.
  • 87% contend there is no way the moviegoing experience can be recreated at home.
  • More than two thirds are looking forward to seeing more films this season in premium large formats like IMAX and Dolby Cinema and in 3D.

Not just specific to Avatar, but the future of the industry in general - which is in PLFs.