Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Maybe if we're lucky, the Avatar series can give the Fast, Saw, and SW series a run for highest number on the end. I mean come on, we gotta see Jake and Neytiri's avatar baby, we gotta see that baby's awkward years of middle school, we gotta see the baby go through college and try to find a job in the poor economy on Pandora. And Jake and Neytiri start having marital issues and might divorce. That could be a good cliffhanger for Avatar 11. Am Im sure Cameron's created like 45 other planets. Im ready.

The three pictures will be filmed simultaneously with production beginning next year. The release of the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017, and the third a year later. AVATAR 2, 3, and 4 will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment banner. Like the original film, Lightstorm will work with Joe Letteri and his team at WETA Digital to realize the worlds of the sequels.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/fox-james-cameron-set-group-of-writers-to-spearhead-trio-of-avatar-sequels/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Finally, great news. As JC is my favorite director, I can't wait to see where he takes this series.  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Production budget : 1 B without marketing and distribution.

And I am serious according to Variety, it is the legit number.

That will be for all 3 films though i'm guessing?,  its not THAT much really when you think what kind of gross all 3 films will probably make worldwide. The films are going to look amazing for sure with that budget, i'd expect the effects to put even the first film to shame.

That will be for all 3 films though i'm guessing?,  its not THAT much really when you think what kind of gross all 3 films will probably make worldwide. The films are going to look amazing for sure with that budget, i'd expect the effects to put even the first film to shame.

They can profit off the film with one of the films. Or get pretty close at least.

Production budget : 1 B without marketing and distribution.

And I am serious according to Variety, it is the legit number.

That's to be expected as JC will add some new wrinkles technology wise. Water based creatures have been rumored so that's something new already. Potential is there for about 10B combined gross for 4 movies so 1B budget seems reasonable.  ;)

I had the intel from a Variety subscriber, are a subscriber of Variety ?

No, I am not. Are you? If so, post the link. If not, then I'll believe they're spending $333M per movie once we get actual news other than 3 dates.