Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

23 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Nah because it will be short engagement plus China won't sign off on it.

However it will do way better than the EG rerelease.

For me, my fandom doesn't take away my objectivity. However Avatar 1 with an extended re-release including China has a much better shot at 3B than Avatar 2.

However if Avatar 2 is very successful (lets say 2.7B) sequels could easily breech 3B

Lmao if EG can make this much its gonna be easy for Avatar 2.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Nah because it will be short engagement plus China won't sign off on it.

However it will do way better than the EG rerelease.

For me, my fandom doesn't take away my objectivity. However Avatar 1 with an extended re-release including China has a much better shot at 3B than Avatar 2.

However if Avatar 2 is very successful (lets say 2.7B) sequels could easily breech 3B

If China gives it a Titanic 3D sized level re-release then 3B is possible, I agree though it's more unlikely than likely.

Though there's one small hope, Chinese market is at a low point right now in terms of yearly gross, and the situation won't improve anytime soon if they continue to ban local potential hits like The Eight Hundred, in that situation, the market will need movies to add box office to "save face", this situation might continue to next year all the way to 2021, a full scale Avatar re-release could take advantage of that if the government approves, which they might because they have a good relation with Disney and Cameron, and Avatar is inoffensive and non political to the Chinese authority, plus the only message China won't reject is probably environmentalism.

Edited by NCsoft

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

64k rerelease in EG in decade ahead again. Avatar 128k passes again. It never ends :)

Avatar gets a re-release and finish the race off, Avatar's got no patience playing "arms race" game with anyone :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Avatar gets a re-release and finish the race off, Avatar's got no patience playing "arms race" game with anyone :lol:

lmao the notion that EG won't be dusted after a single Avatar release is funny.

If we do indeed get the 10 year anniversary re-release with upgraded graphics patch 3 billies is done for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Only long way out rerelease I want is immersive virtual reality. I'd pay $100 for that ticket.

Avatar sequels can actually provide this with the way they're shot in the volume.

The footage is in 3D space so all camera angles can be rendered.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

I say how well a potential Avatar rerelease would do depends on what kind of rerelease it is.

If it's just the same movie, then I think it would get maybe $20-30 million. 

If it's a rerender though with every frame of graphics updated to a super-detailed level, then I could see $3 billion being on the table.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I say how well a potential Avatar rerelease would do depends on what kind of rerelease it is.

If it's just the same movie, then I think it would get maybe $20-30 million. 

If it's a rerender though with every frame of graphics updated to a super-detailed level, then I could see $3 billion being on the table.

It will be a re-render/upscaling for sure. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm still amazed at Avatar's run in China, that was insane for the time. 

That s why Avatar 2 China over Avatar 2 'Murica is a foregone conclusion.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:03 AM, NCsoft said:

@Alexdube  I'd just treat those as free advertisement for Avatar 2.

Thanks Endgame! For all the awareness, not that Avatar needs it.

Oh, I can't wait for the MCU fans (notice there is no need to use a derogatory term for them, it's not fun to punch down), try and spin this that they helped A2 in some way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1