Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I think it's fine having this thread in on the lot. Now trolls won't be coming in here to tell us to shut up.

P A R T Y !

yeah we won't have 10 posts a week asking why this thread isn't on the lot I suppose

hoping for the dolby imax lazer re-release this christmas, will be party in my pants

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

yeah we won't have 10 posts a week asking why this thread isn't on the lot I suppose

hoping for the dolby imax lazer re-release this christmas, will be party in my pants

Why would there be a re-release this Christmas?

21 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I hear the 10yr anniversary of Avatar is gonna be delayed

always laughing i see

20 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yeah, I realise it's 10 years, but why would that mean it will get a re-release?

Jim said he was re-releasing before Avatar 2 so where else would he put it?

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

always laughing i see

Jim said he was re-releasing before Avatar 2 so where else would he put it?

just before avatar 2?

Also its not up to Jim, it's up to Disney. can't remember when he talked about the "rerelease with improved CGI" but think it was a long time before Disney got involved with buying fox. it was just an off the cuff remark, "oh yeah we'd love to do that" comment, not an official announcement. I would not expect a re-release necessarily.

Anyway, how are you Jimbo? I've been on a little forum holiday. seems a lot's happened in the past 30 days. we've lost our crown thanks to the extremely efficient Disney Fudge Factory. and we've lost JCS (i know, don't bring him up in here etc). Shame he was a troll all this time. didnt meet jim didn't go to Alita premiere etc. what a douche.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

just before avatar 2?

Also it's not up to Jim, it's up to Disney. cant remember when he mentioned the "re-release with improved CGI" but pretty sure it was quite some time before there was any plan of Fox being sold off to Disney. and I mean, it was just an off the cuff remark, it wasn't some official announcement, just an idea he said out loud. I would not expect a re-release necessarily.

personally i don't even think I'd want to rewatch Avatar just before Avatar 2, would prefer to be thrown back into Pandora and be reminded of everything I love about Avatar, from the new film, rather than the old film.

Anyway, how have you been jimbo? i've just had a little "forum holiday", I see quite a lot has happened in the last 30 days. we've lost the crown thanks to the Disney Fudge Factory. and we've lost JCS, shame he was a troll all this time. Didn't meet James Cameron, didn't go to premiere of Alita. What a douchebag.

>up to Disney

Sadly yes, they're marketing and distribution. The big issue RN is the Mouse (scum) as Jim owns the rights to the Avatar IP so Avatar dispite making 4 billies it could be less profitable to them then say an EG's $2.78b. Hopefully they do their best to promote Avatar 2 but they're scum afterall so it's hard to trust them.

>Jim mentioned the re-release before Disney - would not expect a re-release necessarily

also correct - however my Jimtuition tells me Jim definitely wants the rerelease so if it doesn't happen it was blocked by Disney

>not watching Avatar before Avatar 2

I haven't seen Avatar on the big screen since Avatar 2, I'll love to see it again. I have to disagree there seeing Avatar again on the big screen will only serve to fuel the hype going into Avatar 2.

I'm doing good my man just the same old. Yeah Avengers:FG managed to take down the crown thanks to Disney's partnership with Nestle - one rerelease will put Avatar back on top though. While I'm suprised it actually managed to pull it off it still is in a lesser league to Avatar, fanboys will cry Exchange Rates and shut out reality - the reality is that Avatar was a far bigger film. Right now Jim 22 years at number 1, the whole of Disney and MCU... 5 days? Jim's a living legend and a force of nature.

On JCS - his passion for Jim was real and his ability to apply the smackdown on haters was unreal. The alita thing was actually true he showed me the tickets, I imagine a lot of lies were mixed in with truths. He was more of a part-time troll for me.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

>up to Disney

Sadly yes, they're marketing and distribution. The big issue RN is the Mouse (scum) as Jim owns the rights to the Avatar IP so Avatar dispite making 4 billies it could be less profitable to them then say an EG's $2.78b. Hopefully they do their best to promote Avatar 2 but they're scum afterall so it's hard to trust them.

>Jim mentioned the re-release before Disney - would not expect a re-release necessarily

also correct - however my Jimtuition tells me Jim definitely wants the rerelease so if it doesn't happen it was blocked by Disney

I haven't seen Avatar on the big screen since Avatar 2, I'll love to see it again. I have to disagree there seeing Avatar again on the big screen will only serve to fuel the hype going into Avatar 2.

I'm doing good my man just the same old. Yeah Avengers:FG managed to take down the crown thanks to Disney's partnership with Nestle - one rerelease will put Avatar back on top though. While I'm suprised it actually managed to pull it off it still is in a lesser league to Avatar, fanboys will cry Exchange Rates and shut out reality - the reality is that Avatar was a far bigger film. Right now Jim 22 years at number 1, the whole of Disney and MCU... 5 days? Jim's a living legend and a force of nature.

On JCS - his passion for Jim was real and his ability to apply the smackdown on haters was unreal. The alita thing was actually true he showed me the tickets, I imagine a lot of lies were mixed in with truths. He was more of a part-time troll for me.

Avatar isn't bigger. End Game is a far more popular movie. It DESTROYS avatar in admissions. 

>up to Disney

Yes actually I was glad to see Avatar last summer. Awesome cinema experience. Every bit as good as it's ever been.

I'd be interested in seeing in terms of countries where Avatar was bigger than Endgame or vice versa. I suspect Avatar is #1 in more places than Endgame globally.

Agreed that JCS was an intelligent poster.

Edited by Avatree

33 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Avatar isn't bigger. End Game is a far more popular movie. It DESTROYS avatar in admissions. 

2019 earth and icnema destroys 2009 earth and cinema in Admissions

Avatar with a porportional performance in 2009 would be 3.5billies atleast... sorry to say this but EG is a tier below Avatar and two below Titanic

13 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yes actually I was glad to see Avatar last summer. Awesome cinema experience. Every bit as good as it's ever been.

I'd be interested in seeing in terms of countries where Avatar was bigger than Endgame or vice versa. I suspect Avatar is #1 in more places than Endgame globally.

Agreed that JCS was an intelligent poster.

That's on a regular cinema, now imagine a dolby lazer alongside the graphics patch update.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

That's on a regular cinema, now imagine a dolby lazer alongside the graphics patch update.

If they actually updated the visuals I'd absolutely be there but I doubt a re-release would include that. Probably takes a lot of money and time to do that, unless they've figured out a smart way to literally apply the graphics from A2 to A1.

28 minutes ago, Avatree said:

If they actually updated the visuals I'd absolutely be there but I doubt a re-release would include that. Probably takes a lot of money and time to do that, unless they've figured out a smart way to literally apply the graphics from A2 to A1.

Millions was spent on the Titanic rerelease.

The rendering tools are far more sophisticated than they were so its within the realms of possibility to rerender the whole film. The new tech for A2 is on another level of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

2019 earth and icnema destroys 2009 earth and cinema in Admissions

Avatar with a porportional performance in 2009 would be 3.5billies atleast... sorry to say this but EG is a tier below Avatar and two below Titanic

You can't make this comparison, because 3d is not a novelty in 2019. If it was, then maybe you'd been right.

23 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

You can't make this comparison, because 3d is not a novelty in 2019. If it was, then maybe you'd been right.

3D wasn't a novelty until Avatar made it so.

If Avatar wasn't released in 2009 3D might have never have taken off fully.

This is the power of Avatar my friend

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Avatar was not successful because of 3D. Would have been just as successful without it. One of the many untruths about Avatar that the internet likes to spread.

Incidentally I don't know where the lie of Avatar being the first modern 3D film, where that came from. Many people (i presume younger people who don't remember movies 2009 and earlier) seem to believe this.

3D films have existed for over a century, I dont know why people think the technology was invented in 2009.

• Like 3