Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

And that's on IMAX for having our quality screens...

Nah 3d sucks internationally for me too. Crappy plastic glasses, screen quality is worse. Never seen much better than Dolby or IMAX 2d. Granted I haven't had those $75 uk seats. Maybe they really are better.

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Nah 3d sucks internationally for me too. Crappy plastic glasses, screen quality is worse. Never seen much better than Dolby or IMAX 2d. Granted I haven't had those $75 uk seats. Maybe they really are better.

Dolby is perfection

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

That's what I mean imax 3d  is worse than IMAX 2d. I pick regular 2d over imax 3d

Ah, sorry i read that wrong somehow lol

Yeah I love IMAX, just hate when 3d is the only option there 

40 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Ah, sorry i read that wrong somehow lol

Yeah I love IMAX, just hate when 3d is the only option there 

Agreed although thankfully I have Dolby close too. It's great and has leather recliners.

• Like 1

Moderation

Films remain in On the Lot until 18 months before the release date or until we get around to it or someone requests it be moved within that time frame. 

I had a look and it’s quite possible this thread actually predates the existence of the On the Lot sub forum. 

It’s an anomaly that has gone on long enough. 

@IronJimbo Acceptance is the path to enlightenment.  Off topic posts will be hidden.  This thread is to discuss the film.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Just to clarify, 18 months is our general policy (unless we forget about it then it's whenever someone notices). I know we're sometimes wishy-washy with it but there are a shit load of movies coming out all the time and dates get shuffled and all that which can make it tricky to keep on top of it  all.

Anyway, June next year is when this should get moved back to the main forum. Till now we've had this thread somewhat grandfathered into the main forum but it's kinda weird to have it out there when we actually are starting to get films dated for 2021 in this subforum. I think it seems a bit more fitting to have it in here with the rest of the currently dated 2021 slate.

On a side note it's super freaky that we're moving into the 2020's soon. Weird!

• Like 9
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Just to clarify, 18 months is our general policy (unless we forget about it then it's whenever someone notices). I know we're sometimes wishy-washy with it but there are a shit load of movies coming out all the time and dates get shuffled and all that which can make it tricky to keep on top of it  all.

Anyway, June next year is when this should get moved back to the main forum. Till now we've had this thread somewhat grandfathered into the main forum but it's kinda weird to have it out there when we actually are starting to get films dated for 2021 in this subforum. I think it seems a bit more fitting to have it in here with the rest of the currently dated 2021 slate.

Thanks for clarity.

DeeCee you should take notes (also read the rules, it's 18 months not 12)

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems pretty hostile banning PS then JCS and now this, almost as if theres a warpath from the mods.

Whatever, on the Lot it is.

Avatar 2 will be the highest grossing film of all time by a large margin just as Avatar and Titanic before it.

4.5billies atleast.

Best visuals ever seen

Best cgi

Best 3d

It will be this generations star wars

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

Would we prefer a 2019 10th anniversary re-release or a December 2020 re-release 1 year out from Avatar 2?

Although I like the idea of a 10th anniversary re-release I think with Star Wars this year Disney should go with a December 2020 re-release.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Would we prefer a 2019 10th anniversary re-release or a December 2020 re-release 1 year out from Avatar 2?

Although I like the idea of a 10th anniversary re-release I think with Star Wars this year Disney should go with a December 2020 re-release.

Personally 2019 because it topples avengers and more importantly i'll get to see it on a dolby imax screen sooner

If they don't rerelease 18 dec 2019 with the anniversary date then they may as well rerelease any time, could even be 6 months before or less.

They should pick what they see as optimal to incease A2's OW - i dont know the answer... They could try 3 months before and with A2 footage at the end

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Personally, I would favour a Dec 2020 (1 year before Avatar 2) re-release with the first ever Avatar 2 teaser attached, I think this is most beneficial and Disney should further take advantage of those slots, which is still fairly empty at the moment. 

While it would have been cool to see Avatar taking the crown back sooner than later, the most important thing is always to pave way for Avatar 2 to perform better, and I think Dec 2020 is for the best. 

• Like 1

Well, back to "on the lot" is fine I guess, Avatar kind of has been superseding rules by being in the main forums , though it makes sense since this thread has been very active, perhaps way too active to be placed here.

@IronJimbo @dashrendar44 @Pure Spirit @Sheldon Cr @Witch Hunted Away 

You guys know where to find this thread for Avatar discussion ;). Though I have to say, after a few months of debates and arguments throughout Endgame's run, following Avatar losing the crown, and the frustrating string of events/bans in the last few days, I feel like this is a good time for me to hibernate for while. It's good to focus on something other than movies and box office. I'll still be around for big news and developments, just less frequently.

I'll be back with full vigor in June 2020 to start the 18 month countdown to Avatar 2 when this thread is back in main forums again, glorious times are ahead! :)

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1