Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, HeadShot said:

lol what makes you think that. 

not really was merely joining in with the other people joking about it

19 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Finally the mods realized it was over 2 years away because it's been delayed like every year half a decade. Batman will come out before it and it's on the lot. Only fair. Really hope they stick with 2021. 6 year delay is enough

ah yeah this makes sense actually why was it in the main forum so long?

On 8/9/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ozymandias said:

so when is the sequel to the second biggest grosser of all time coming out?

would guess maybe 2024? they'll probably spend a little while building the team and by then they've introduced all of the currently announced new characters, and I would assume they will make black panther 2 before Avengers 5.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

would guess maybe 2024? they'll probably spend a little while building the team and by then they've introduced all of the currently announced new characters, and I would assume they will make black panther 2 before Avengers 5.

Avengers is dead on it's feet without Iron Man, no one cares about Captain Marvel.

• Like 1

"You know, Jim, James Cameron and [producer] Jon Landau, they're very classy men and they salute the accomplishments of -- we got an email -- they salute the accomplishments of Marvel. Mind you, my perspective is -- because I'm Avatar family -- they [Marvel] came into that with 20 movies. And I think, you know, I can't wait to see what happens. And Avatar's one movie. First one. I can't wait to see what happens with two, three, four and five. What's going to happen? I'm so excited. "

good point Cliff Curtis, we could be looking at 30 billies a movie by Avatar 20.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Avengers is dead on it's feet without Iron Man, no one cares about Captain Marvel.

I don't think that is true. Captain Marvel first movie made a lot more than first Iron man.

Captain Marvel is an icon for girls. I'm fine with that.

Captain Marvel, Thor, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, as well as the smaller characters like Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc.

And new characters Blade, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and others introduced in new movies

plus potentially Guardians of the Galaxy depending on how things pan out (don't know if the cast want to return after gotg3)

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I don't think that is true. Captain Marvel first movie made a lot more than first Iron man.

Captain Marvel is an icon for girls. I'm fine with that.

Captain Marvel, Thor, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, as well as the smaller characters like Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc.

And new characters Blade, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and others introduced in new movies

plus potentially Guardians of the Galaxy depending on how things pan out (don't know if the cast want to return after gotg3)

Feels like a bunch of b list superheroes

Tbf to them their Avengers film in 2031 may be able to beat Avatar 2 due to market growth, which will be a huge achievement for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, langer said:

I'm predicting this gets delayed again.  Cameron will never be ready for 2021. 

If he can't get this wrapped up in 28 months....do like all other filmmakers and pump em out factory style, let someone else break the tech barriers. 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, langer said:

I'm predicting this gets delayed again.  Cameron will never be ready for 2021. 

I'm fairly certain it won't be delayed again. There has only been one delay since production has started, the other delays were just Cameron doing other stuff and figuring out how many sequels he wanted to make and writing the scripts. Also this is not a 3 months delay or 6 months delay, it's a 1 year delay. That will give them plenty of time to catch up on whatever they need to, but as far as we know the delay might just be caused by Disney's scheduling plans.

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 3