CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Here's the thing.  I don't think Pixar is running out of Ideas.  I agree that maybe Disney is forcing a lot of these sequels but Toy Story is Pixar's Biggest Franchise.   But what I'm seeing is merchandising is running some of these sequel decisions.  Toy Story Toys are HUGE.  This just isn't a surprise. Again I think they will end it at Toy Story 6.  This is the start of a new Trilogy.  As for original films, there's still "Inside Out" and "Good Dino". 

• Like 1

If anything, Toy Story 4 just hurt HTTYD3 and arguably Despicable Me 3 (since Minions is acting as a quasi-sequel, and it's slated for two weeks after TS4 right now).

I would prefer Incredibles 2, but if the original brain-trust is involved, I suppose it could be good.