CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

The 2017 June calendar is a joke, right ? Right ?

Something will move obviously, it s retarted to have such big sequels in the same month, Dragons 3, despicable me 3 and toy story 4, really ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot will move.  No way they release 3 animated features, a DC movie, and the Lego sequel all within 5 weekends of each other.

I don't see Toy Story moving from that prime date.  DM3 might move a week or two into early July, like its previous films.

Fox, with the sub-par domestic performance of Dragon, won't have any leverage and will probably have to move Dragon 3 to late July or August, which would force their Untitled Animation (on July 21st) to move to the Fall, possibly to Black Panther's date.

Edited by acetabulum7
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot will move. No way they release 3 animated features, a DC movie, and the Lego sequel all within 5 weekends of each other.

I don't see Toy Story moving from that prime date. DM3 might move a week or two into early July, like its previous films.

Fox, with the sub-par domestic performance of Dragon, won't have any leverage and will probably have to move Dragon 3 to late July or August, which would force their Untitled Animation (on July 21st) to move to the Fall, possibly to Black Panther's date.

I could see Lego Batman moving to either February or August with the DC film moving to its May 26th slot or perhaps March 31st. I think DM3 will stay put since they'll want to take advantage of July 4th holiday. I could see Dragon 3 moving to July 21st as well although if FF2 ends up not happening then it could move to that slot but in reality I could see Fox simply moving Wolverine to that slot instead

• Like 1

I could see Lego Batman moving to either February or August with the DC film moving to its May 26th slot or perhaps March 31st. I think DM3 will stay put since they'll want to take advantage of July 4th holiday. I could see Dragon 3 moving to July 21st as well although if FF2 ends up not happening then it could move to that slot but in reality I could see Fox simply moving Wolverine to that slot instead

Lego Batman is going to kill that Memorial wknd. I don't think WB will move it.

• Like 1

Lego Batman is going to kill that Memorial wknd. I don't think WB will move it.

Lego Batman will be successful wherever it's scheduled and given how animation heavy June is currently, I think it give it some breathing room if it's scheduled in a quieter month while giving the best possible slot to the DC film which is likely to be Wonder Woman. 

Lego Batman will be successful wherever it's scheduled and given how animation heavy June is currently, I think it give it some breathing room if it's scheduled in a quieter month while giving the best possible slot to the DC film which is likely to be Wonder Woman. 

June 23 for WW is a very strong date. Look at 2010 with DM and TS3.

• Like 1

June 23 for WW is a very strong date. Look at 2010 with DM and TS3.

There was a three week gap between TS3 and DM and DM wasnt a known quantity whereas Toy Story was. I think if HTTYD3 moves, I wouldn't be surprised if TS4 moves forward a week to June 9th just to give it breathing room from DM3. that would give Wonder Woman a chance to have a potential big opening if WB sticks with that slot

Edited by Jonwo

There was a three week gap between TS3 and DM and DM wasnt a known quantity whereas Toy Story was. I think if HTTYD3 moves, I wouldn't be surprised if TS4 moves forward a week to June 9th just to give it breathing room from DM3. that would give Wonder Woman a chance to have a potential big opening if WB sticks with that slot

3 week gap between L. Batman and TS4 as well. Well that should help Batman as its a known property. BTW was talking about Batman/TS4 not TS4/DM3.

• Like 1

Morris also mentioned that the film will be a romantic comedy. And that’s not all, the relationship the toys have with children and people will not be explored. Now this is interesting, because we would have to infer that Bonnie’s role won’t be expanded further, since that’s the only child Woody and the gang interact with. And if this is true, it’s pretty disappointing. We knew from the press release that Rashida Jones and Will McCormack (Celeste and Jesse Forever) were on hand for the script and that a love story would be the focus of the fourth film. We also know that Jones’ involvement is the strong female voice John Lasseter wanted in the writing.

• Like 1

Morris also mentioned that the film will be a romantic comedy. And that’s not all, the relationship the toys have with children and people will not be explored. Now this is interesting, because we would have to infer that Bonnie’s role won’t be expanded further, since that’s the only child Woody and the gang interact with. And if this is true, it’s pretty disappointing. We knew from the press release that Rashida Jones and Will McCormack (Celeste and Jesse Forever) were on hand for the script and that a love story would be the focus of the fourth film. We also know that Jones’ involvement is the strong female voice John Lasseter wanted in the writing.

WHAT? A Romantic Comedy about Toys that has nothing to do with their owner. Just What?

I am mentally facepalming SO HARD at this right now. THIS is the idea John Lasseter said was "too good to pass up"?! It'snot going to be a continuation, and it's going to be a romantic comedy love story?!

They should have just left it alone. Really. I had no idea what to expect, but... THIS?!

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1