CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

The RT critic average for the Toy Story franchise is insanely high.

Toy Story- 100%

Toy Story 2- 100%

Toy Story 3- 98%

It will be interesting to see where Toy Story 4 lands. 

Crumbling to 96% :ohmygod:

59 minutes ago, TMP said:

After Aladdin's early tweets being so skewed I'll take this with an extreme grain of salt.

Aladdin's early reactions are just meh. They are just surprised that it's not that bad like what the trailers implied. But those TS4 early reactions are very positive. But overall, I agree with you that early reactions are to be taken with a grain of salt.

So, another highly acclaimed Pixar movie

I’m kinda surprised most people don’t even needed to compare with the previous movies... that’s a really good sign.

Everything just seems to be going in favor of this movie. I’m expecting around 95-96% with an 8.3-8.4 average

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

So, another highly acclaimed Pixar movie

I’m kinda surprised most people don’t even needed to compare with the previous movies... that’s a really good sign.

Everything just seems to be going in favor of this movie. I’m expecting around 95-96% with an 8.3-8.4 average

If reviews are that good, I could see it breaking the animation opening weekend record. I'm thinking 150m for now, but I think it could open way higher then that. Presales are ridiculously strong right now. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

Just so folks know this was already trending to around a 15m opening on Thursday if Sacramento is any guide.  I suspect the buzz might goose this closer to the I2 preview numbers. Or even beyond.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 7

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Just so folks know this was already trending to around a 15m opening on Thursday if Sacramento is any guide.  I suspect the buzz might goose this closer to the I2 preview numbers. Or even beyond.

I feel if it somehow manages to break $20m previews then $200m+ would be happening.

Aiming at $170-$180m right now.

I am looking forward to TS4 but I hope they make it the final one and Pixar focuses on original ideas although saying that I wonder if we will get a true Monsters Inc sequel in the future or an Inside Out sequel. 

Edited by Jonwo