grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

I don't know about professional critics average but from variegate reactions in terms of age, sexes, culture now I feel people will really like this movie.

Seems gerwig was really able to create something multilayered and different kind of people can find their own thing on It. 

Edited by vale9001

Feels like a classic WB mid July explosion were a film totally takes over pop culture. Thinking $200m+ is more and more likely. The buzz is truly deafening in all corners.

12 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Any idea what the maximum OW might be for Barbie considering the presales? Are we looking at some record-breaking grosses here and there?👩🏻‍💼

Hard to say because pre sales have not slowed down one bit. Right now it's looking like $20-$25m for presales. Lets split the difference and give it a very generous x8 multiplier, that brings it to $180m. It has a chance to beat Wakanda Forever but it's unlikely. $120m has to be the floor at this point. 

7 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

At this point they're like a 95 Year Old Italian Great Grandmother who refuses to go anywhere that some other 95 year Old Italian Great Grandmother will be because of something that happened in 1948 and when asked what happened will just answer 'She knows what she did' and if you really drill down it ends up being something like she never returned a salad bowl after a neighbourhood picnic.

Gunn should hire you for the writer's room! 👏

40 minutes ago, TinaDuraes said:

Is there another source for this? The random guy with the Peaky Blinders pfp doesn't seem to be the most trustworthy. Weird that it would take this long for them to ban it if that was the case.

New way of banning films is by just delaying it from planned schedule. I won't question the source as he is the one from who Middle East Dailies numbers can be pulled. 

Well, let's see if Deadline cover up later. I will post on the thread if I get any alternate source.

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Lol if this becomes the biggest OW for a WB film. 

The current OW record for a WB film so far, is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 with it’s $169M OW that it still holds after 12 years. And no other WB film after that, topped Potter’s OW record.

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

New way of banning films is by just delaying it from planned schedule. I won't question the source as he is the one from who Middle East Dailies numbers can be pulled. 

Well, let's see if Deadline cover up later. I will post on the thread if I get any alternate source.

They did the same thing with ATSV. Apparently ATSV  been banned in most of the Middle East for not passing censorship guidelines 

• Like 1