Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

The budget is a mere $35m, reportedly.

That's crazy! Biggest "budget" surprise since I found out Maze Runner cost only $34M.

This pretty much seems to be the consensus based on all the reviews so far

THE WALK: 90 minutes of "Just get him on the damn wire already" and 30 minutes of "OH MY GOD GET HIM OFF JUST GET HIM OFF GET HIM OFFFFF"

— Josh Lincoln Dickey (@JLDlite) September 27, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My favourite review of 2015

• Like 1

Sounds like this is like the fifth 7/10 Zemeckis effort in a row. Nothing bad, nothing great. Seems like he's been stuck in a "competent is good enough" film-making mode for years. He just can't seem to make anything great anymore.

Do you remember when Bob Z had an awesome sense of humor?

Forrest Gump, what did you do to Zemeckis? And I loved Contact, but man...something changed after dem Oscars.

Man , people do really hate his perf capture movies, it s a serious bad case of prequel trilogy syndrome, like people think he  stopped doing movie in the 2000's or something.

It was an interesting diversion, but when people think of Bob Zs filmography those will...not be the highlight.

Fortunately, he didn't direct the real disaster of those type of films. Say what you want of that trio of perf cap movies, they're miles better than Mars Needs Moms.

• Like 1

We know what happened in movies like Apollo 13 and Zodiac and they were still great films

Ok, so those trailers were very good, this one is not.  Maybe that's what it is.  I know there are a litany of films based on a true story that are terrific, but this one just doesn't look all that good at all.

I think it's gonna be another experiential film, like GRAVITY. I wanna see it in IMAX 3D and feel a virtual simulation of what it's like to be walking on a taut cable 110 stories off the ground.

Same. A mix of Gravity and the Dubai sequence of MI4 sounds awesome.

• Like 1

I think it's gonna be another experiential film, like GRAVITY. I wanna see it in IMAX 3D and feel a virtual simulation of what it's like to be walking on a taut cable 110 stories off the ground.

The reviews saying the 3rd act and the 3D used is awesome convinced me. I am watching this in IMAX 3D over The Martian this weekend just to see that. Hoping the reviews and reactions are right.

• Like 1