lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's difficult to know because I suspect it varies depending on the distributor and country, 

Yeh it will.

Weinstein sold Scream 4 to it's international territories.

It can be very lucrative and safer than releasing it alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it will.

Weinstein sold Scream 4 to it's international territories.

It can be very lucrative and safer than releasing it alone.

Most mini-majors like Lionsgate, TWC, DreamWorks SKG etc don't have the resources to release and market a film overseas so it's cheaper and more cost effective to sell it to a local distributor which means the budget can be mostly recouped before the film is released, the downside is that if a film is a OS success but not a domestic success then the studios won't see a penny of that money.

The most infamous example was New Line Cinema and The Golden Compass which made $70m domestic but $300m OS but NLC sold the OS rights so it didn't help at all and was the reason why the studio folded into Warner Bros. 

• Like 1

Elizabeth Banks Interview: 

When you think evil, galactic space sorceress, actress Elizabeth Banks immediately comes to mind, right? No?

Banks didn't necessarily see it either, but that doesn't mean she wasn't game when the team at Lionsgate came to her with the pitch of playing Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers

http://www.blastr.com/2017-3-2/power-rangers-elizabeth-banks-rita-repulsa-interview

this site is saying this is the full track listing for the movie

. Power Rangers Theme (4:22)
2. Seek Those Who Are Worthy (2:50)
3. Zordon Awakes (2:15)
4. It’s Morphing Time! (3:21)
5. Destiny (2:19)
6. Confessions (4:22)
7. Megazord (4:20)
8. United (2:46)
9. Birth Of A Legend (4:12)
10. Metamorphosis (2:40)
11. Goldar (2:03)
12. The Morphing Grid (3:59)
13. The Zords (2:35)
14. Let’s Ride (2:20)
15. You Were Born For This (2:05)
16. Reflection (2:15)
17. The Lost Ship (3:00)
18. I’ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours (2:24)
19. Be Who You Want To Be (2:08)
20. Hold The Line (3:36)
21. This Is What Matters (2:06)
22. Tresspassing (1:05)
23. Rita (2:30)
24. Square One (1:12)
25. Power On (2:34)
26. Together We Stand (2:21)
27. The Final Stand (2:46)
28. Go Go Power Rangers — End Titles (2:59

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/03...track-details/

19 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This is going to break out. It has young cast and SH movies all have older actors. This one has early 20s and teens and that'll appeal to young audience. 

Eh, having young actors in it doesn't automatically means it'll break out. It could flop for all we know. But hey if it is a hit, more "power" to the studios and producers I guess. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

11 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Eh, having young actors in it doesn't automatically means it'll break out. It could flop for all we know. But hey if it is a hit, more "power" to the studios and producers I guess. 

You are right but I find the promos relatable and getting some good feedback in real life. Could be just an anecdotal evidence. 

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

You are right but I find the promos relatable and getting some good feedback in real life. Could be just an anecdotal evidence. 

Could be. Could also mean it might be a hit. Will see!

21 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This is going to break out. It has young cast and SH movies all have older actors. This one has early 20s and teens and that'll appeal to young audience. 

There is no guarantee a younger cast would do any better than a movie with the presence of a big star would.

Ludi Lin, who filmed this movie at age 28, is not that far from the age that Jason Chan, Cam in Ninja Storm was, in his 30s when Ninja Storm was filmed.  And I dislike that all 5 of these Rangers have to be teenagers, and that these "teenagers with attitude" are the only ones who can save the world.  Why?  Because, as I've said before, because "Mighty Morphin."  Throughout the TV show's history, we have had older actors playing the role of the Power Rangers.  Most memorable is easily the character Jason David Frank is famous for, Tommy, who came back as Dr. Tommy Oliver in Power Rangers Dino Thunder.  You could instantly tell one of the Rangers was different from the other 4 Rangers, with different experiences, in that season.

Edited by Outrageous!

13 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

when i was young i broke out a lot

not sure how much of an impact Australia has on the overall box office but i think it will flop here. It comes out on the same day as Beauty and the Beast which has had some pretty insane marketing but i haven't seen shit for this besides a billboard. Not even a trailer in cinemas (and I go to the cinemas a lot) 

1 hour ago, blurredbynes said:

wheni was young i broke out a lot

not sure how much of an impact Australia has on the overall box office buti think it will flop here. It comes out on the same day as Beauty and the Beast which has had some pretty insane marketing buti haven't seen shit for this besides a billboard. Not even a trailer in cinemas (and I go to the cinemas a lot) 

It'll probably flop in Australia, which wouldn't surprise me. I don't expect huge numbers worldwide. Should be successful in China, though. 

Edited by Fancyarcher