lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

I really don't think their American accents are that great. Foreign actors always use the most basic stereotypical accent and occasionally slip out of it. lmao Like Benedict was always slipping out of his accent in Dr. Strange 

Edited by ban1o

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I really don't think their American accents are that great. Foreign actors always use the most basic stereotypical accent and occasionally slip out of it. lmao Like Benedict was always slipping out of his accent in Dr. Strange 

These two examples are much better than Cumberbatch's Strange accent. His was so goddamn distracting.

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

Ever since production moved to New Zealand, the Power Rangers TV show has long had a problem with actors from New Zealand slipping when trying to use American accents, and most of the main Ranger actors were from that part of the world when Disney was making the show.  When Saban Brands got the rights to the show, they chose to cast people from the U.S. again, although they still cast people from New Zealand for secondary roles.  I would have liked to see more actors speaking with their native accents, rather than making the characters sound like they are from the same location.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Does Google actually pick up on a Rotten Tomato score before the Tomatometer shows up?  Because fans over at Rangercrew are speculating that this movie has a 66% RT score at this point.

I think it's fake. if you google movies released in the summer it shows the same which is impossible since there arent screened yet

Edited by Alli

There is an interesting article about this movie on Power Rangers Now and what it means for the Power Rangers franchise.  As noted in the article, getting Power Rangers back to where it was in 1993 and 1994 is probably an impossible task, with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and especially the Avengers, existing to take away market share from PR.  While the TV show would likely continue regardless of the movie's performance, the TV show nowadays does feel like it is just trying to keep the show going in order to keep the toys moving for Bandai.  However, I will say that it is unwise to suggest to "go see the movie to go see it and support the franchise."  There really does need to be a compelling reason for someone to pay for a ticket to see this movie, or any other film really.

Edited by Outrageous!

36 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The marketing is still dire.

This opens in 10 days here in the UK and honestly there's nothing.

10 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I'll chalk it up to Lionsgate shitting the bed with their marketing. Again.

It is consistent with this, which I saw on Rangercrew:

Bandai isn't doing a peer screening in London, so that says everything to me.

That they don't think it's good and don't want to show it off to other companies.

• Like 1

They're waiting until the 20th to lift the embargo, which is pretty standard. At least they seem to have some confidence.

But still, WB at least threw everything on the table in the last two weeks with Kong: Skull Island. I was expecting Lionsgate to do the same.

29 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

They're waiting until the 20th to lift the embargo, which is pretty standard. At least they seem to have some confidence.

But still, WB at least threw everything on the table in the last two weeks with Kong: Skull Island. I was expecting Lionsgate to do the same.

That's because WB had a good product :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

That's because WB had a good product :rolleyes:.

I already knew PR wasn't going to be good, but the fact that Lionsgate is just letting this sit reminds me (for the umpteenth time) about how they handled Dredd. But that movie was actually good, so...

• Like 1