lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

26 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Why does the Mastodon look more like a bug then an elephant...

In an interview, the director explained how the zords aren't dinosaurs, but simply designs inspired by dinosaurs. However, the alien technology would still make changes for practical reasons, and with the shape of mastodon, adding legs would make it more effective for battle.

A sound explanation for practicality, but aesthetically it was a terrible decision.

58 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

In an interview, the director explained how the zords aren't dinosaurs, but simply designs inspired by dinosaurs. However, the alien technology would still make changes for practical reasons, and with the shape of mastodon, adding legs would make it more effective for battle.

A sound explanation for practicality, but aesthetically it was a terrible decision.

I mean I guess but War Elephants were used for ages. It just doesn't look good and while the explanation isn't horrible it's not great either.

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I mean I guess but War Elephants were used for ages. It just doesn't look good and while the explanation isn't horrible it's not great either.

War elephants didn't fight things as fast or as mobile as a giant Goldar, or whatever other nonsense Rita throws at the zords. I wish they didn't do it because I don't like the look, but the "reasoning" is sound.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Belakor said:

This looks like a cheap dvd movie, I´ll pass.

No, these are cheap dvd "movies," officially released and called that by Saban Brands and Lionsgate, who releases the recent TV seasons on DVD:

Clash of the Red Rangers: "The Movie"

The Legendary Battle: Extended Edition "Movie"

And what is the main selling point for both?  More than 6 Rangers, from more than one Power Rangers team.  So, for this movie, they've gone backwards to only 5 Power Rangers, and only the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

8 hours ago, MrPink said:

The Twitch stream is killing me

31 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I wish this cost 180M+ or so. Woud make the failure even more hilarious given Lionsgate wants so spawn a franchise out of this

There is a very common word repeated over and over again whenever a Lionsgate Power Rangers movie commercial plays between episodes on Twitch: "sellout," and based on the comments around it, I don't think it's the definition of the word sellout Lionsgate wants to be hearing right now.  And I have seen multiple versions of the movie commercial play between episodes.

Edited by Outrageous!

2 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

No, these are cheap dvd "movies," officially released and called that by Saban Brands and Lionsgate, who releases the recent TV seasons on DVD:

Clash of the Red Rangers: "The Movie"

The Legendary Battle: Extended Edition "Movie"

And what is the main selling point for both?  More than 6 Rangers, from more than one Power Rangers team.  So, for this movie, they've gone backwards to only 5 Power Rangers, and only the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

There is a very common word repeated over and over again whenever a Lionsgate Power Rangers movie commercial plays between episodes on Twitch: "sellout," and based on the comments around it, I don't think it's the definition of the word sellout Lionsgate wants to be hearing right now.  And I have seen multiple versions of the movie commercial play between episodes.

Based on Twitch comments they need a Tommy appearance, stat

• Like 1

Not understanding some of the hate for this movie. I'm not expecting cinematic gold but I am expecting a fun cheesy good time (which is what the promos have been suggesting). I am hopeful this can cross $50m opening weekend but my optimistic goal is for it to cross the $61m reached by kong. 

• Like 1

We are approaching peak Beauty and the Beast discussion on social media, and BoxOffice.com has Power Rangers ranked #3 on its Twitter chart, with 8,262 tweets so far today, while BatB has 139,315, and Logan has 8,352.  PR is at #5 on the Facebook chart.

2 hours ago, Aplandg said:

Not understanding some of the hate for this movie. I'm not expecting cinematic gold but I am expecting a fun cheesy good time (which is what the promos have been suggesting). I am hopeful this can cross $50m opening weekend but my optimistic goal is for it to cross the $61m reached by kong. 

A $50 to $61 million is saying that this movie will be nearly as popular as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was in August 2014.  Back then, Guardians of the Galaxy and TMNT were the top 2 movies of August, and I can't remember there being another release besides those two that did well for the entire month.  This March, there are more well-received movies to keep a movie like Power Rangers from getting the nostalgic audience TMNT got back then.  Beauty and the Beast, Kong, and Logan all could have good holdover business on the March 24 weekend, taking away from the opening weekend of PR.

Edited by Outrageous!