A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I'm guessing that rumoured Scrat Tales spinoff is likely going straight into the Disney vault (presumably alongside whatever was finished of Nimona) and will never see the light of day outside of the leaked footage that is available on YouTube. They don't own the character anymore, so they legally can't release it. They can license it from that Ivy lady, but she'll probably ask for an obscene amount of money. And that's not even factoring in the fact that she might have her own plans (Nasty Fungus Tortillas anyone?).

Listening to live

https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/wo4pnakt

• Encanto actually Toy Sales INCREASED AFTER Christmas due to Disney Plus release
  • Says Doctor Strange will kick off their summer lineup (nothing about Lightyear)
  • Obi Wan - May 25th
  • General Entertainment on Disney Plus US is the end goal
  • Adding the ABC and Freeform Black-ish, Grown-ish, and Wonder Years was INTENTIONAL (Maybe more to come?)
  • Says "Metaverse" - doesn't explain what it is.

• 4.1m new Plus subs from US
  • 5.1m new Plus subs from International 
  • 2.6m new Plus Hotstar subs
  • ESPN Plus went up 4m
  • Hulu 45.3m Paid subs total

Edited by AJG

On 1/31/2022 at 4:28 PM, Eric Poirot said:

Who cares about Ice Age anymore?

I never got the populairty of the Ice Age movies anyway. The first one was mildly amusing but not a great animated film, and the sequels were a good example of by the numbers, mediocre filmmaking.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

Disney Channel and Disney+ were simply a precursor for the Walt Disney Gated Community Estate

This man Chapek is a supervillain.

So what you're saying is there will be entire neighborhoods swarming with Disney Adults? I think I'm going to puke!