A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

9 hours ago, Eric Drake said:

So what you're saying is there will be entire neighborhoods swarming with Disney Adults? I think I'm going to puke!

God, the Comedians are going to have a field day with this.

When I first heard this, I honestly thought "this has got be a Onion style piece of satire".

• Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

Turns out that story about Disney losing the Scrat rights might’ve been false

FMNiXN2XEAUMer6.jpeg

Hot damn, they're actually releasing this! The leaked footage on YouTube looks very promising. I'm pretty sure this is from Blue Sky proper (the last project they completed before their demise) and not the sweatshop where Buck Wild was made, hence the significantly higher animation quality seen in the leak:

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

Gotta love that Rogue Squadron is still on the schedule. There is still hope!

It's easy to guess what some of the movies over the next two years or so will be based on what's currently/about to be in production or in the early stages. The November 2023 Marvel movie will likely be Blade since the cast for that is coming together fast, the March 2024 Disney live-action will be Snow White (Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast spot), and the July 2024 live-action Disney will be Barry Jenkins' Lion King prequel (similar spot as the first movie + timed with the 30th anniversary of the original).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Gotta love that Rogue Squadron is still on the schedule. There is still hope!

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Huh.  Probably means it's primed to be eventually moved rather than cancelled entirely, but a very good sign that it's still on the schedule, even if it isn't near production yet.

10 minutes ago, Potiki said:

This is so awesome! 

"God damn, that was a pretty fucking good milkshake hotel stay. I don't know if it was worth five dollars six grand, but it was pretty fucking good!"

Spoiler

Yes, inflation since the early 90s has ruined the joke slightly.  Hush. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

😐

I read that Orlando Sentinel article the other week when it was published and found myself both highly disappointed and yet not at all surprised. They also said that people who work at Comcast (who obviously also have a massive stake in this state via Universal Orlando) were also donors to that awful bill and they have a handful of LGBT-themed projects in the pipeline (Universal is releasing the Billy Eichner romcom in September and there's also that Queer as Folk reboot coming to Peacock at some point this year) so we'll see if any of these companies face individual backlash.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

so we'll see if any of these companies face individual backlash.

#BoycottDisney is trending right now on Twitter.  Let's see how long it last and if it has staying power.

And hey, maybe this is a good thing.  If everyone cancels their Disney+ sub Disney might be forced to release their films in cinemas.

:sparta:

Just now, Cap said:

#BoycottDisney is trending right now on Twitter.  Let's see how long it last and if it has staying power.

And hey, maybe this is a good thing.  If everyone cancels their Disney+ sub Disney might be forced to release their films in cinemas.

:sparta:

Inside look at the offices of Pixar right now:

Pray Praying GIF - Pray Praying Pray For Me GIFs

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

I read that Orlando Sentinel article the other week when it was published and found myself both highly disappointed and yet not at all surprised. They also said that people who work at Comcast (who obviously also have a massive stake in this state via Universal Orlando) were also donors to that awful bill and they have a handful of LGBT-themed projects in the pipeline (Universal is releasing the Billy Eichner romcom in September and there's also that Queer as Folk reboot coming to Peacock at some point this year) so we'll see if any of these companies face individual backlash.

Lets start a #boycottuniversal to take some attention from our precious Disney

Not sure why this is shocking,after the Mulan filming fiasco and the Coco day of the dead trademark thing under Iger, the new guy is just following suit. Nothing to see here

22 minutes ago, Hades said:

Lets start a #boycottuniversal to take some attention from our precious Disney

Not sure why this is shocking,after the Mulan filming fiasco and the Coco day of the dead trademark thing under Iger, the new guy is just following suit. Nothing to see here

"Not being shocking" is not the same as "not worthy of being upset"/"not worthy of letting Disney know you are displeased with their choices".