A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

"Not being shocking" is not the same as "not worthy of being upset"/"not worthy of letting Disney know you are displeased with their choices".

Its terrible,they are terrible, People will get mad at Disney for 1 or 2days before  Disney  distracts us by releasing the new Thor or Obi wan trailer and any cancel or boycott Disney talk is buried while everyone gushes about the awsome trailers and trailer views...Its the typical cycle 

• Like 1

An updated list of all the people that Bob Chapek has pissed off as CEO of Disney (in just two years):

- Disney Parks Fans

- Everyone at Pixar 

- Emily Blunt 

- Emma Stone 

- Scarlett Johansson 

- Kevin Feige

- Bob Iger 

- Most people within the LGBTQ community (many of whom work for Disney)

• Like 3

Probably with how he handled the ScarJo Debacle...There's a THR article from back then if I can find it. My favorite part about his weak statement is "We're diverse through a handful of properties that only came out in the past 5 years, and only 2 i've listed are about LGBTQ people."

I wonder if he knows people can be black and part of the LGBTQ community.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JWR said:

Yeah Lightyear going to the Plus tomorrow as a last ditch effort to save the stock and his job. Throw in Strange World and the 2023 films too for good measure.

Edited by YourMother

7 hours ago, Hades said:

Its terrible,they are terrible, People will get mad at Disney for 1 or 2days before  Disney  distracts us by releasing the new Thor or Obi wan trailer and any cancel or boycott Disney talk is buried while everyone gushes about the awsome trailers and trailer views...Its the typical cycle 

People compartmentalize; news at 11.

Don't think anyone here was suggesting otherwise.  But even when people do "gush" over the next big trailer (and I expect to be one of them if the Kenobi trailer drops tomorrow like some not-exactly-reliable-in-the-slightest rumormongering suggests), that doesn't mean they can't both be excited at seeing that stuff and still be honked off/incredibly disappointed at Chapek.  Enough so to keep putting pressure on Chapek to let him know that he done gone messed up here.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Oh, he can be voted off the board at this meeting? Sweet, please do so, shareholders.

Maybe, maybe not... the bigger concern is that his tenure as CEO expires on February 28, 2023 pending the board giving him 3 more years. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Oh, he can be voted off the board at this meeting? Sweet, please do so, shareholders.

27 minutes ago, JWR said:

Maybe, maybe not... the bigger concern is that his tenure as CEO expires on February 28, 2023 pending the board giving him 3 more years. 

While I won't say "never say never", I'd think we'd be hearing a lot more "palace intrigue" type stuff if Chapek's job truly was in jeopardy.  Could happen.  But just don't know if enough pressure has really been built for it to happen.

Is a general cloud of bad feelings/anger/discontent toward him, but I don't think it has crystalized into an actual movement yet.

Will say though that he's pissed off more than enough people that when the spark comes to light the fire, it's likely to spread rapidly.  Just don't know if that actual spark has happened yet.

5 hours ago, JWR said:

An updated list of all the people that Bob Chapek has pissed off as CEO of Disney (in just two years):

- Disney Parks Fans

- Everyone at Pixar 

- Emily Blunt 

- Emma Stone 

- Scarlett Johansson 

- Kevin Feige

- Bob Iger 

- Most people within the LGBTQ community (many of whom work for Disney)

About the only think CHapek has done I apporve of is pulling Disney out of Russia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

While I won't say "never say never", I'd think we'd be hearing a lot more "palace intrigue" type stuff if Chapek's job truly was in jeopardy.  Could happen.  But just don't know if enough pressure has really been built for it to happen.

Is a general cloud of bad feelings/anger/discontent toward him, but I don't think it has crystalized into an actual movement yet.

Will say though that he's pissed off more than enough people that when the spark comes to light the fire, it's likely to spread rapidly.  Just don't know if that actual spark has happened yet.

The thing is he is going to do something that will make him too  toxic. Question is when.

• Like 1