Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

^^ From these stills it looks to me that Watanabe just didn't give a shit for this movie...

his expressions though say that he was giving a shit real-time while acting

• Like 1

^^ From these stills it looks to me that Watanabe just didn't give a shit for this movie...

He actually was pretty invested in it. 

He was the reason Godzilla's japanese name "Gojira" was used instead of Godzilla in the script.

Again I'm fairly sure that was intentional. Soldiers aren't allowed to show much emotion so it makes sense why he wasn't showing much.

You are giving him an easy pass...I can understand during an actual battle but there were many scenes where ATJ was his family and/or non-firefight scenes and I swear his face didn't change once...I see soldiers in real life and on the screen showing emotion all the time...

Hanks in the below picture is conveying more emotion/range than ATJ during the entire movie...

Posted Image

• Like 1

...i understand defending a movie you liked but are you seriously asking why a lead actor in a movie should be showing charisma?

There weren't many of those moments past the first act which was Bryan Cranston's time in the sun. 

When would he be showing charisma? I mean he bounced off Bryan Cranston and Liz Olsen well ((

This is why Cranston should've stayed alive longer.

))

That's almost admitting that the character was poorly written.

Damn, that EOT number. I guess we should enjoy another slew of Disney 'reimaginings'. The audience has decided that that's what they want. Not original, new ideas. Just recycled ones.

• Like 2

You are giving him an easy pass...I can understand during an actual battle but there were many scenes where ATJ was his family and/or non-firefight scenes and I swear his face didn't change once...I see soldiers in real life and on the screen showing emotion all the time...

Hanks in the below picture is conveying more emotion/range than ATJ during the entire movie...

Posted Image

Saving Private Ryan is an entirely different film from Godzilla and them showing emotion is actually not very logical for a soldier. 

The thing is that I went to Godzilla expecting some highly entertaining action fights and intense scenes that I will be hooked and be thoroughly engaged.Little did I know that all those greatness can only be found in this movie called Edge of Tomorrow.

• Like 1

Shows that he cared or he would've just said what was on the script.

If he really cared he would've made more than one face during the whole movie.

Edited by Caboose
  • Like 1