Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It's going to jump about 50% from First Class. That's about all you can ask for, right?

Well, I predicted 230m for it, so it's in line with what I expected. But considering how great it is I was hoping for more and better holds. Maybe the story was a bit too dark and grim for the GA? I mean, it ain't 2008 no more.

Well, I predicted 230m for it, so it's in line with what I expected. But considering how great it is I was hoping for more and better holds. Maybe the story was a bit too dark and grim for the GA? I mean, it ain't 2008 no more.

Or maybe the movie is written too well(teehee) and doesn't have some big dumb battle in/over a city in the 3rd act with lots of destruction and spectacle.  It was nice seeing a superhero movie without the same visuals/formula as recent ones like Avengers, Man of Steel, and CA2.

Also, this movie has a much more serious tone, I was surprised at some of the imagery and brutal deaths in it.

230m is right in line with what most people predicted, but man this thing broke out OS for an X-Men movie.  It'll clear 700m WW.

• Like 2

the latest deadline numbers, for the folks who missed them:

3). Edge of Tomorrow (WB), 3,490 theaters / $10.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $28M to $30M / Wk 1

The moment GA saw that tentacled alien cliche and the cheap Iron Man suit knockoff, they just go: "I rather see Cancer Girl..."

They should spend more time developing this. What a waste of time, money & talents, Warner....

Or maybe the movie is written too well(teehee) and doesn't have some big dumb battle in/over a city in the 3rd act with lots of destruction and spectacle.  It was nice seeing a superhero movie without the same visuals/formula as recent ones like Avengers, Man of Steel, and CA2.

Also, this movie has a much more serious tone, I was surprised at some of the imagery and brutal deaths in it.

230m is right in line with what most people predicted, but man this thing broke out OS for an X-Men movie.  It'll clear 700m WW.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I don't care for a generic 3rd act spectacle either, and I prefer a more serious tone, but maybe the general public don't agree with us.

Most surprising news is that if the numbers hold Godzilla is gonna have just enough momentum to get to 200 now. That's been in doubt for the past week.

200 is still very much in doubt.

FIOS 25.4 New

EOT 10.4 New

Malef 10.2 (+89%)

DOFP 4.4 (69%)

AMW 2.2 (+72%)

Godz 1.7 (+68%)

Summer weekdays are clearly here.

• Like 2

Very good numbers from the top 3

Yes, they are good.  Hopefully EOT is as good as everyone is saying  and it develops some nice legs.

• Like 2

With that competition... can't see that.

Competition is nothing new though.  The summer is crowded every year.  Films can develop legs if there is solid enough WOM.

If Fault were to follow Divergent:

8.2 previews:

Fri:  17.4

Sat:  19.4 (+12%)

Sun:  12.2 (-38%)

57.2M

• Like 2