CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Of being the only 100m opener of the year.

It's a conundrum we have ourselves in.

On one hand, it would really suck if 2014 had only one 100M opener this year and it occurred later in the year. On the other hand, I find it hard to count TF4 as a 100M opener because Paramount is reporting this number through dishonorable means.

Of getting the first and probably only 100M+ OW. If T4 didn't get it, no other film really was going to get it. They didn't get it fair, they cheated.

MJ1 is going to wipe the floor of Octobum. Wait for it.

Urrgghh, I don't understand why this matters. it's not gonna diminish what mockingjay does or anything.

• Like 1

So I've heard, I am also interested in Tammy though, just no reviews to go off of as of yet.  

And the movie opens on Wednesday.

Although, you could see Snowpiercer in addition to those three.

Edited by Jay Beezy

How pitiful the box office is when we're squabbling about what deserves to be the first $100m opener of the year, on June f'ing 30th. If attendance was good it would have been CA2 anyways.

I don't think anyone's really arguing about whether this deserves it or not. Just whether or not we should care

Anywho, it's kind of sad that people are so worked up about this. TF4 is still going to make the same amount of money in the end.

Also it was just a few weeks ago WB fudged Lego over Cap and probably still are doing so even though it has lost the war. I mean, where did the extra $ come from and Lego just started dropping so good despite the DVD release, yeah, bullshit.

Plus, either way, it beat Cap's OW anyway. It's probably going to beat everything released already anyway, so why get worked up about a couple million dollars being shifted around from a franchise in decline?

• Like 2

I'm confused at the bolded.  If 97% of the collected money (Rentrak) put it at $97.76M then wouldn't the other 3% likely put it over $100M?

Rentrak is saying 97.7m is the 3-day gross. They're not saying 97.7m is 97% of the 3-day gross. Based on their calculations of 97% of the grosses they believe it could not have crossed 100m. 

• Like 2

It's a conundrum we have ourselves in.

On one hand, it would really suck if 2014 had only one 100M opener this year and it occurred later in the year. On the other hand, I find it hard to count TF4 as a 100M opener because Paramount is reporting this number through dishonorable means.

I'm not fed up with the number, I am fed up that Paramount thinks its okay to lie about a number because they think it matters.  So what if your movie grossed 97m instead of 100m, report the actuals.

When numbers say actuals I would like the actuals and not a studio lying to have a more impressive number.  Mainly if Paramount gets away with lying about a number now, other studios will try to do so in the future.  And if you are lying about your stats there's no reason to even follow them anyways.

• Like 2

Of getting the first and probably only 100M+ OW. If T4 didn't get it, no other film really was going to get it. They didn't get it fair, they cheated.

MJ1 is going to wipe the floor of Octobum. Wait for it.

Why does it matter? MJ1 is going to top that number in 2 days.

Don't make me hate that franchise more than I already do.