CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

It might have something to do with there only being one wide release this weekend maybe? There are 3 next weekend and it might have been harder to expand more then.

Boner, how's Caesar doing at your theater?
  • Like 1

And not for the better I fear

Yeah I'm not sure it will be a good thing. But I mean, that's "change" isn't it? Not really knowing anything other than some things are definitely going to be done differently.

• Like 1

Congrats to Bay and Transformers.... Nothing can stop it now from hitting 1billion. How far will it go all? 1.08, 1.1B? 1.2+B?? Damn

1.2b? What in the fucking world? Of course not.It's going to scrape by $1b based on solely China.
  • Like 3

TF4 will so be the worst movie in the billion club, and that's saying something given we have turds like Pirates 4, TF3, and Phantom Menace in there.

Um, Alice? I dont care what anyone says, nothing beats Alice. That movie didnt even deserve a 1/10 of its gross. I'd take Maleficent over Alice any day and I haven't even Mal. TF4? Pshhtt.
  • Like 2

Um, Alice? I dont care what anyone says, nothing beats Alice. That movie didnt even deserve a 1/10 of its gross. I'd take Maleficent over Alice any day and I haven't even Mal. TF4? Pshhtt.

I thought TF4 was just as bad as Alice and I hated Alice.

• Like 1

A newspaper in India has changed "Fault in our Stars" to "Fault in our Apes" by mistake. That does seem like a movie I would want to watch though.

Posted Image

Good thing they didn't change TF4 to Age of Apes.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Not unless you really mix it up and make it new and fresh, a la F&F.However, if Walker hadn't died, and they progressed to 8 and 9, it would start decreasing too. It's just not possible to maintain that level of pace and consistency when it comes to gross.

Fast and Furious is not a comparable franchise. It's like Harry Potter in terms of non-comparability.

I mean, the second lost Vin Diesel, the third, lost Paul Walker, the fourth was reuniting, the fifth was the first proper sequel but added the Rock w/o Rodriguez, the sixth the entire ensemble, the seventh Paul Walker died, so really it's a bit fucked up.

I don't think the cast would do an 8th though. I mean, if I were in their position, I don't think I would. Make a great last movie and then part ways.

• Like 1

I'm really curious about Boyhood with the exceptional reviews it's getting. Anyone seen it? How is it?

At the risk of overhyping it...It's one of the best movies I've EVER seen and it affected my like nothing else ever has. I was like Baumer watching Transformers, crying at random times because I was so swept up in the moment and then thinking about how fucking IMPOSSIBLE this movie is when you think about what it took to make and the fact that it works is astounding.
  • Like 8