CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

6th UPDATE, Saturday, 10:50 PM:Late night grosses show that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is on track for a $14.5M to $14.9M Saturday which means it could push easily past $36M (that’s figuring in a 25% decline on Sunday). Following Apes, is The Purge which will make anywhere between $9.4M and $9.7M today, dropping 26% on Saturday which means the dystopian horror pic will bring in about $30M. Planes: Fire & Rescue stays in third place tonight and remained steady with about $6.3M to $6.6M so will hit the low end of the estimate earlier today of $17.5M. Sex Tape dropped about 5% on Saturday date night to bring in an estimated $5.3M today for a total three-day weekend of $15.14M (that’s with a 25% drop figured in for Sunday). Rounding out the Top Five is Transformers 4 which grossed around $4.1M today for a revised weekend total of about $9.71M (that’s with a 30% drop figured in for Sunday). That’s how the Top Five look tonight. The entire weekend looks to be off about 28% … like I said earlier, boy, is this a flat summer.

• Like 8

Hopefully it beats Trans4mers 2nd weekend. That'd be awesome!

I would love that so much. :)

Can you people just leave that poor movie alone, please? It's no longer a threat to any movies so no need to remind us of it's ugly drop. We all know that.

You can support a movie without putting another one down, you know.

Don't be such a hater.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 6

With Mal at 1.4 for Sat, it will do an 3.35M weedend that means only a 19.5% drop (weekend to weekend), that is amazing!!

I think mal could have real shot at 245M DOM Total XD

I just check on apes and if it's weekdays are good it could overthrone Mal and make 260M because with this weekend it's run a bit ahead of mal with nearly the same drops! I am putting apes on 247M for now.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1