Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

On 2018-05-30 at 8:46 PM, BK007 said:

@MrFanaticGuy34 lol if I was wrong, I was wrong. Big deal. 

I don't post that much, and definitely have gone long periods without posting or looking at the BO, so yes, I forget what predictions I've made, and it has no real world consequence anyway. 

Dory and BATB both looked like lousy and were. Yeah, the moviegoing public didn't agree with me, and it sucks because more crap like that have been greenlit, but it doesn't really affect me since I see no returns. I don't like the trend of where Disney has taken the market, and the buying out of Fox etc. and would love for their crap films to not make any money, but if the public, especially the American public wills it so, then those are the consequences that have to be lived with. 

You can call me arrogant or whatever, heck, I might've been riled up in the past, but I don't really care now. Just put me on ignore. 

I think it's honestly kinda weird to be so caught up with the past though of something so inconsequential. It's probably because you're one of those Disney fanboys, but whatever floats your boat. Glad you enjoy their cash grabs even if I don't. 

It is a big deal, personally if you think we’re dumb that we gave money to Dory & BATB. You know what? You get me nowhere with your petty talks. So...good day. I don’t have time with your nonsense.

The only thing that’s crap is your ”so called” assumptions of the public. 🙄

And, I’m personally not interested with what you have to tell me, either way. Calling them crap films, doesn’t make you smarter. It’s people’s opinions...so don’t throw this factual bullshit at whoever you’re referring to.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Apparently the movie was screened on wednesday to some press members and fans here in Mexico according to a member of Disney Media in Mexico, who also was in a junket with Brad Bird and John Walker, both also had a Q&A session with fans (this wasn't said but i know a close friend who got an invitation to it)

22 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It is a big deal, personally if you think we’re dumb that we gave money to Dory & BATB. You know what? You get me nowhere with your petty talks. So...good day. I don’t have time with your nonsense.

The only thing that’s crap is your ”so called” assumptions of the public. 🙄

And, I’m personally not interested with what you have to tell me, either way. Calling them crap films, doesn’t make you smarter. It’s people’s opinions...so don’t throw this factual bullshit at whoever you’re referring to.

I was about to add you to my ignore list, but this was too funny to pass up.

Remember, you're the one who has a fixation on me about some two year old post, not the other way around. 

:sparta:

Hopefully you're not as petty in real life and you have a loving family. Have a good life!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 3:26 AM, dudalb said:

"Cash Grab" is  pretty meaningless term. Every movie every studio produced is done in the hopes it will make a profit.

And we are so impressed by who daring and edgy you are, BKoo7.

This is the last post I will make that alludes to the previous conversation with the other poster, because I came here to this thread to talk about the Incredibles and not other topics. 

So, I think everyone has had enough of this revisionist attempt to remove the meaning out of cash grab. Everyone knows what it means, but now people are trying to pretend as though there isn't one. I'm not one to go through old posts, but many times it feels hypocritical as a group- that is, fans of one franchise or one genre or one studio or another, will claim ignorance on what cash grab means only to perpetuate it onto other franchises that they do not like. It's a shitty double standard and is starting to feel part of the PC generation. 

I never said I was either of those, and in any case, I am not here to make petty personal insults, so you can save that attitude for someone else or, better yet, no one at all. 

Now, let's get back to talking about the Incredibles. 

• Like 1

It's more of an "oh, that's nice" feeling. I mean, he doesn't really engage with plebs very often, but it's a little reassuring that he just stopped because he was busy, not because he realized we're all entitled scum not worthy of his time.

19 hours ago, Seth Irskens said:

Critics Choice Score is revealed 80/100.  Does that mean another 90% RT Score at best? (even though it's a little soon to tell) 

http://www.criticschoice.com/search/?s=Incredibles

I think it's a little soon to tell. IIRC Moana started out at a 80/100 or a 70/100, and that ended up at 89/100, and a 96% on RT.

Though it is something to pay attention to.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean that's basically Coco's average rating, which I just recently decided is my new all time favorite Pixar film, so nope, 8.2 sounds good. :)

Interesting that Coco and The Incredibles have basically identical scores on RT (97%, 8.3 avg) but there's a 9 point gap between the two on Metacritic (90 for TI, 81 for Coco).

Also, why is the audience score for the The Incredibles so low? It's below that of Finding Dory, Cars, Brave and Monsters University.

Don't know much to make out of what we have so far in terms of reactions, so might as well wait until Tuesday. At least the Wreck-It Ralph trailer can hold me over until then.

Out of the last 5 Pixar movies we had 2 masterpieces and 3 disapointments so I am not sure what to expect. I don't think it can be up there with Coco or Inside Out in terms of quality because those two are movies dealing with very deep issues and have a big emotional impact to the viewer, but I hope it can be a fun ride with some originality in it.