Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

All these “bend over backwards” baseless accusations, you would think the movie is doing amazing reviews-wise.

But turns out, it’s just another Twitter vacuum of shitty takes.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sam said:

All these “bend over backwards” baseless accusations, you would think the movie is doing amazing reviews-wise.

It'll probably drop below 40% up/down pretty soon (it's currently sitting at 42% with a 5.1/10 average).

But, hey, some folks like it despite what they see as flaws, so I guess film criticism is dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also some folks seem to genuinely like it and aren't subscribing to this 'mess but still interesting' fooferall, but sure, let's keep ignoring them as well. 

• Like 1

It's interesting to me that ppl are generally cool with garbage film criticism that banally regurgitates plot without meaningfully engaging the material at all and only have a critic take when an RT score they don't like appears

• Like 14

Damn.

I truly hate the ascent of RT and all these review aggregating sites.

Miss the eighties, when people made up their minds and went to the movies based on what appealed to them, without the spectre of having the opinions of a bunch of strangres telling you what or what not to watch. SUre, we had newspaper and magazine reviews, but they never became this huge deal in regard to people being part of the "crowd" that pans or praises a movie.

And even worse, when people do enjoy a film that all these strangers told them not to watch, they (those who enjoyed them) are utterly convinced that they loved that film IN SPITE of being "bad", that it's a guilty pleasure and that every time they mention that they loved the film, they need to "apologize" for it.

(I am sure that I will get the a retort of something like "but movie going is too expensive; I NEED to make sure that I only go see good films" Ugh...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

People supported a medicore/crap movie like BvS just because it was directed by a White Man.

Even when that movie turned out bad, he still got to direct Justice League.

WTF are you talking about? People liked BVS because Zack Snyder is white? 

This thread is a mess. And Twitter is even worse :lol:

I personally coudnt care less if the director/writer/whatever is a woman/man/penguin that has white/black/green skin color. If the movie is good, i like it. If the movie is bad, i dislike it.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Vogt-Roberts has no plans of working for Disney I guess

Actually, Vogt-Roberts, I remember. When critic's precious darling Brad Bird dropped a turd Tomorrowland. There was some serious contorting into knots. But, of course, that memory doesn't support the agenda that's being pushed in that tweet does it? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Vogt-Roberts has no plans of working for Disney I guess

I don't think people should be light on their criticism bc of who made a movie or who stars in it, but excuse me if I have to laugh at this man, who would probably physically fight everyone behind CinemaSins in a dive bar, who talked shit about your bland-ass monster movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd hope someone involved in the film industry would be wise to how idiotic that kind of generalizing is.

I'd understand wanting to defend your own product, but you're basically committing career suicide when you throw out an unsolicited attack like that.