RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (NGD 24.5M)

I'll trust Rth with TF4 actual numbers. He said 97.5M and Paramount had 100M+.

.see I don't know whether to believe this transformers fudging simply because the only 2 films I've ever heard this being happened to is TF2&4 which both happened to be amongst the most hated films on the internet. If they fudged them then why didn't they fudge TF3 to 100m OW? Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

No, it's not. That is what teens do on Friday nights. Not saying that is necessarily it, but I think his point makes sense

There is no "it", he was explaining a typo with a real world explanation. Also, could you point to any precedent for a teenager oriented film falling on Friday without a massive theatre loss?

.see I don't know whether to believe this transformers fudging simply because the only 2 films I've ever heard this being happened to is TF2&4 which both happened to be amongst the most hated films on the internet. If they fudged them then why didn't they fudge TF3 to 100m OW?

Basically you're questioning Rth than. He said TF4's OW was at 97.5M. 

• Like 1

Basically you're questioning Rth than. He said TF4's OW was at 97.5M.

Rth also said TF4 made 350m in china, not 300m so why would a paramount not brag about out grossing it's predecessor worldwide but happily lie about making an extra 2.5m OW?
  • Like 1

How the heck is No Good Deed making over 20M? Did they advertise the shit out of it or something?

Undertapped demographic gets a movie starring two of the more well-known actors in their demo with a home invasion thriller hook

• Like 5

http://deadline.com/2014/09/box-office-guardians-soars-over-300m-no-good-deed-solid-no-1-dolphin-tale-swims-to-no-2-833891/

2nd UPDATE, Saturday 11:35 PM: The Drop, the final release of late actor James Gandolfini’s career, rose into the Top Five on Saturday running slightly ahead of the R-rated buddy comedy Let’s Be Cops. The Fox Searchlight crime drama may end up holding onto that lead through Sunday but it’ll be close. Quite an accomplishment since The Drop is only in 809 theaters and Let’s Be Cops is in 2,755 theaters, playing out in its fifth week. Also, as expected, Alcon Entertainment’s Dolphin Tale 2 got a terrific boost from its core family audience on Saturday making more of a splash with a 80% increase over Friday to take in $7.7M and push its three-day estimated cume closer to $16.8M to $17M mark. It is in second behind Screen Gems’ No Good Deedwhich is right on track with estimates and should take around $10M (or just slightly under) today finishing the weekend with around $24.5M to $25M.

Guardians of the Galaxy officially passed the $300M mark which is welcome news for Disney and Marvel … and the Star Lord Chris Pratt. It takes the No. 3 position and easily passed $600M worldwide. Lastly, in the No. 4 spot is the sixth week of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which got also got a nice bump from family audiences Saturday; After this weekend, its cume should be $181M since opening August 8th. That’s the Top Five in what is a soft box officeweekend. Will see you in the AM.

• Like 1