grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

This October is looking especially strong, I find that funny after people saying it would be barren.

I remember after 2012, I commented to myself, "Argo, Django, Pi, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Les Mis and Wreck-It Ralph! No way is next year gonna top this year's awards contenders."

Last year I commented to myself, "Prisoners, 12 Years a Slave, Gravity, Captain Phillips, Her, Blue Jasmine, and Frozen! No way will next year match these."

And now I've already seen Boyhood, Gone Girl, LEGO, and HTTYD2, and I look ahead to Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, Foxcatcher, The Theory of Everything, Birdman, The Imitation Game, Inherent Vice, Unbroken, American Sniper, and Big Eyes.

We be living in a good time, ladies and gents

• Like 11

I think Ouija could do well.

Yeah, I actually think Ouija looks good, and I typically can't stand horror

Nicolas Cage actually puts me off seeing films.

I find him severely unattractive and a painfully wooden actor.

That's kinda the point haha

What exactly is The Good Lie?

That isn't the movie with Witherspoon hiking in the wild, is it?

Witherspoon's answer to the Blind Side starring Peter Russo from House of Cards

Apparently Nic Cage doesn't even go full on Nic Cage crazy in Left Behind. He just sleepwalks through the role. The one reason to maybe watch the movie is also gone. Can you imagine a scene with Cage trying to respond to the rapture happening, in his own Cage style? Man, the makers didn't even know how best to utilize Cage in the movie.

I'm so excited :|

He's a film maker who's been in the business for years but doesn't know who Fincher is or his body of work.  Fincher isn't exactly niche, it's  a pretty embarrassing admission to not even recognize the name.

I have a film major friend who I texted suggesting they go see Gone Girl, describing it as "the new David Fincher movie." They didn't recognize the name and I was utterly shocked.

With some awards talk in this thread; Oscar voters watch Gone Girl and.. don't bet on wins?  :lol:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-gone-girl-academy-oscars-20141004-column.html

:(

Oh well, there are always the Boffies

• Like 2

Cjohn is just full of the sad truth today.

I would love to see NT3 and SH3, but those movies are simply not happening. 

Ritchie has the mega franchise King Arthur with WW star Charlie Hunnam in the works. That is totally gonna make a lot of money. It is totally right to spend 150M in this rather than in SH3 WB. 

Edited by CJohn

Ritchie has the mega franchise King Arthur with WW star Charlie Hunnam in the works. That is totally gonna make a lot of money. It is totally right to spend 150M in this rather than in SH3 WB.

Can't we get someone else to direct SH3?

Game of Shadows was an atrocity anyways.

You are going to look like a prophet in 2 years time.

I remember after 2012, I commented to myself, "Argo, Django, Pi, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Les Mis and Wreck-It Ralph! No way is next year gonna top this year's awards contenders."

Last year I commented to myself, "Prisoners, 12 Years a Slave, Gravity, Captain Phillips, Her, Blue Jasmine, and Frozen! No way will next year match these."

And now I've already seen Boyhood, Gone Girl, LEGO, and HTTYD2, and I look ahead to Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, Foxcatcher, The Theory of Everything, Birdman, The Imitation Game, Inherent Vice, Unbroken, American Sniper, and Big Eyes.

Yeah, as long as we get a couple more great movies this year is going to top last year and that's saying something.

Thing is, I'm more impressed this year with movies that aren't going to be competing for BP for their own reasons. (Snowpiercer, LEGO, Grand Budapest, Guardians, DotPA, and even Boyhood might have to just be satisfied with a nod)

• Like 5

national treasure films are good fun adventure !  its exactly what it says it is , sometimes that's good enough for me!

as for tyler perry i don't mind him that much , his movies have a lifetime soapy vibe to them , sometimes they have that soul food heart in them , i won't lie sometimes, that said i don't like his madea character at all, ugh saw the first and never checked the sequel , i quite prefer as preferences go, when you're not enamored by a director's body of work ,  his dramas!

• Like 1

I still think it won't match 2013, though I'm anticipating Interstellar more than any film in the last two years.

Edited by tribefan695