Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

27 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The under 10% Saturday increase though :kitschjob:

MBTS and pretty much every film in the top ten had a crappy Saturday increase too, FWIW. Weather and shopping may have held the weekend days down. Amazing Friday for this but didn't hold that great over the weekend.

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

MTV.com's Ira Madison III eviscerated it:

Spoiler

Excellent read.

So glad I did not pay a penny to support this movie. 

Nothing like white savior or white guilt narratives to make so-called mainstream audiences (i. e., white) fall in love with a movie.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

MTV.com's Ira Madison III eviscerated it:

Lololololol, this movie isn't racist at all.  You're way overanalyzing it if you try to make that statement and just trying grab attention.

Im also one of the first people to call out racism in movies and casting (and other aspects of life).  But that also means it's important to me to say

DONT CALL THINGS RACIST THAT AREN'T OR YOU'RE HURTING YOUR ARGUMENT WHEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY IS.

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story
  • Like 3

One of my good friends saw it recently and she said she liked it but thought it was weird at some points. She said the opening was king of weak and uncomfortable (I thought this was supposed to be the best part though so I don't know how much to trust her?) and thought the singing and dancing weren't technical enough and were lacking. But then on the other hand she said the first half of the movie was better than the 2nd half lol. 

My friend is confusing though.