Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

I actually think the epic fuck-up is gonna benefit both La La Land and Moonlight at the box office. The former still took home a bunch of awards, including two of the top eight ones, despite not winning the top prize in reality, and it still doesn't have a DVD release date as far as I know. Moonlight's out on DVD tomorrow so its boost won't be overly significant, but the gaffe might draw in more curious moviegoers than it might have otherwise had it just plain old won Best Picture without a screw-up spoiling the moment.

• Like 5

Ok, I have a question about the fuck up. It seems to have gone like this: Beaty&Dunaway were given the Best Actress envelope. Neither addressed the problem even though it appears to have been quite obvious. Why the fuck neither said anything? Why would Emma's name be on a freakin best Picture envelope? They are not some industry newbies. And it seems that he noticed and that's why he gave it to her to deal with it. What do you think?

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Ok, I have a question about the fuck up. It seems to have gone like this: Beaty&Dunaway were given the Best Actress envelope. Neither addressed the problem even though it appears to have been quite obvious. Why the fuck neither said anything? Why would Emma's name be on a freakin best Picture envelope? They are not some industry newbies. And it seems that he noticed and that's why he gave it to her to deal with it. What do you think?

I think Beatty noticed, wasn't sure what to do, looked to see if stage producers were coming to help (they weren't... yet), and then passed the buck. Dunaway didn't take much effort to read the card and just saw "La La Land" and blurted it out. 

• Like 10

Just now, Telemachos said:

I think Beatty noticed, wasn't sure what to do, looked to see if stage producers were coming to help (they weren't... yet), and then passed the buck. Dunaway didn't take much effort to read the card and just saw "La La Land" and blurted it out. 

I'm still howling over her saying "it says Emma Stone!" after it was announced. Did Faye think she was one of the producers lolololol? I hope this entire mistake makes into all future montages.

Although I like the idea of "Best Picture Winner Emma Stone." Who would disagree with that? :wub:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

yeah that's exactly what I was typing out and are my thoughts, as well.

You can tell Beatty  noticed something was up as he paused for a while

• Like 1

Definitely. OK, I can give him some leeway because that was a precedent so nobody knows how to act when something that never happened before happens. But giving it to Faye without warning her...I don't know. That didn't seem right.

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I already posted it in the Classic Coversation but the picture is just way too good.

For posterity, I give you the Real Emma :

tumblr_om1h8s74hz1sr9tvzo3_r1_1280.jpg

Both beautiful and elegant.

I can't wait until Battle of the Sexes comes out so we can see "Starring Academy Award Winner Emma Stone" in the credits for the first time.:wub:

I said this earlier in the 2017 predictions thread but I think Battle of the Sexes could easily get her that afterglow/"keep up the good work" nomination even if it's mediocre. It sounds like a great part (FWIW she was originally gonna star in it but had to back out due to La La Land and so Brie Larson signed on before having to back out due to Kong and allowed Emma to sign back on again).

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I said this earlier in the 2017 predictions thread but I think Battle of the Sexes could easily get her that afterglow/"keep up the good work" nomination even if it's mediocre. It sounds like a great part (FWIW she was originally gonna star in it but had to back out due to La La Land and so Brie Larson signed on before having to back out due to Kong and allowed Emma to sign back on again).

That sounds exactly like when Emma did Cabaret. She was originally cast but had to back out due to scheduling conflicts and Michelle Williams took over. Later, Emma was able to take over for Michelle and even extended her run (she got great reviews and the revenues shot up during Emma's run).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/critics-notebook-emma-stone-cabaret-753968

Edited by Incarnadine