Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

Ah man BOF, in the words of the majestic Dom Toretto, "you embarrass me." I had some real issues with this movie (?). Probably the most frustrating thing I've watched this entire decade. I'll share my thoughts once I can gather them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Ah man BOF, in the words of the majestic Dom Toretto, "you embarrass me." I had some real issues with this movie (?). Probably the most frustrating thing I've watched this entire decade. I'll share my thoughts once I can gather them.

To be fair, the reaction to the film is not exclusive to BOT

• Like 4

La La Land was my number 2 of the year, followed by Arrival my number 1. So I'm kinda happy they matched up with this site. The general consensus on this board is that it's a great movie if it was a top 5 movie on this site.

Edited by FilmBuff

47 minutes ago, jandrew said:

a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

This movie is so re-watchable.

It surely is, I've seen it numerous times.

It's still playing in 1 nearby theater, I might go see it again on discount Tuesday, it's probably the last chance I'll get to see it in the theater unless 10 or 15 years down the road it gets a special screening (Mamma Mia has been shown a few times the last couple of years, I even saw it once)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Something tells me they planned this before the Academy Awards.

I think they would have done this Academy Awards or no Academy Awards.  La La Land is probably one of the best things to happen for tourism in quite some time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trifle said:

This is officially La La Land Day in Los Angeles.

Haha, the Shay just attended a celebratory free showing of LaLaLand for distinguished cinephiles...

Third or fourth time seeing it - still a blast, still cried my eyes out several times (especially the epilogue)! Best musical movie ever!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

random but how did this do so bad in home market

Home Market Performance
Est. Domestic DVD Sales $6,574,764 Details
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $9,542,192 Details
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $16,116,956  
?

The only lower grossers that sold more on HV are John Wick 2, The Last Knight, Fifty Shades Darker, Apes 3, Hacksaw Ridge, Covenant, and Kingsman 2. Almost all of those get inflated sales being franchise films.