grim22

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi | Michael Bay | 40M on homevideo sales so far (Page 20)

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

His non-Transformers don't do well enough for him to be anyone's golden director.

Wrong. 

There is a reason why recently he only does passion projects between the TF movies. Because Paramount wants to be in good terms with him. Because he is Paramount's golden director. 

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I find it amazing that Paramount doesn't even say anything when Bay arrives with a 2H40 minutes cut for a freaking TF movie.

Like "ok Michael, a near 3 h TF movie ? makes sense".

Bay.

His POWAH.

Paramount knows it will make 1B because Bayplosions. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wrong. 

There is a reason why recently he only does passion projects between the TF movies. Because Paramount wants to be in good terms with him. Because he is Paramount's golden director. 

Paramount knows it will make 1B because Bayplosions. 

Well, does Paramount really have anything going on these days? It's not like they churn out many movies a year anymore.

But keep in mind that Transformers originally started out as a DreamWorks production and his previous movie before the first Transformers pretty much destroyed DreamWorks as an actual movie studio. That's why you'll never see him get the kind of budgets Christopher Nolan gets on his "passion projects."

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is estimated to get 2,300 theaters next weekend. Definitely seems a like a sign of soft numbers incoming to me.

Woah actually? I thought this would get at least 3000 theatres. Also, I was expecting Lone Survivor #'s.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, does Paramount really have anything going on these days? It's not like they churn out many movies a year anymore.

But keep in mind that Transformers originally started out as a DreamWorks production and his previous movie before the first Transformers pretty much destroyed DreamWorks as an actual movie studio. That's why you'll never see him get the kind of budgets Christopher Nolan gets on his "passion projects."

I liked The Island. <_<

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I liked The Island. <_<

It wasn't bad but it was such a financial bomb it pretty much ended DreamWorks as a full-fledged movie studio. He likely wouldn't have been allowed near Transformers if he had not already been locked into it before that film opened.

Just now, filmlover said:

It wasn't bad but it was such a financial bomb it pretty much ended DreamWorks as a full-fledged movie studio. He likely wouldn't have been allowed near Transformers if he had not already been locked into it before that film opened.

And TF wouldn't have been the major hit it is right now so I guess Paramount is happy they let him stay. 

I still believe that in a big sci-fi/epic movie he would be a draw. He is one of the few directors that people know by name. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if pain and gain was the exact same but they put scorsese's name on it all the critics woulda filled their pants w/ cum and the rock woulda got an oscar nomination.

Pain & Gain / Wolf of Wall Street need to be shown as a double bill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if pain and gain was the exact same but they put scorsese's name on it all the critics woulda filled their pants w/ cum and the rock woulda got an oscar nomination.

Instead they filled their pants with shit, so the aroma of the theater would match the film. 

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Island is fun... Though it kinda feels like it gives up on the intrigue they tried to create (successfully so to some degree) in the first part once they escape

I agree entirely. 

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Given that its full of the typical trademark Bayisms, probably not.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

And TF wouldn't have been the major hit it is right now so I guess Paramount is happy they let him stay. 

I still believe that in a big sci-fi/epic movie he would be a draw. He is one of the few directors that people know by name. 

The first Transformers was actually a DreamWorks production that Paramount handled marketing and distribution for (aka Bay's creative input for the film wasn't as high as it was for later ones because his previous film sank them).