grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Yes, both are going to have Thursday money lumped in with Friday.

I used up all my likes before getting to you, so LIKED! :) 

Still seems low… like either IS's demand burns off by Sat/Sun and BH6 just does monster business on those days. Like others stated above, I get that it's a kid's movie so the families will give it a big boost, but still seems like THR's math was off.

THis is going to be very interesting to watch though. 

• Like 1

I used up all my likes before getting to you, so LIKED! :)

Still seems low… like either IS's demand burns off by Sat/Sun and BH6 just does monster business on those days. Like others stated above, I get that it's a kid's movie so the families will give it a big boost, but still seems like THR's math was off.

THis is going to be very interesting to watch though. 

This is why you never listen to the media. Rth is the box office GOD. Will never forget Avengers' opening day when the media was reporting mid-60's even late into the night when Rth came in here and said "more like 80" and it was pure madness after that the rest of the weekend.

• Like 8

I'm not ruling out a Saturday decrease for IS. Not cause I'm trying to hate on it, just cause I really do expect very polarizing WOM which tends to affect movies pretty quick these days. Anyways, it will hit 50m for sure, which is a great OW for it. Good for BH6 too if that's what turns out, though I was honestly expecting it to get closer to 70 for OW. Would have been cool to finally see the non-sequel Animation OW record go down that's stood for a decade now.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I'm not ruling out a Saturday decrease for IS. Not cause I'm trying to hate on it, just cause I really do expect very polarizing WOM which tends to affect movies pretty quick these days. Anyways, it will hit 50m for sure, which is a great OW for it. Good for BH6 too if that's what turns out, though I was honestly expecting it to get closer to 70 for OW. Would have been cool to finally see the non-sequel Animation OW record go down that's stood for a decade now.

Who holds the record? Incredibles?
  • Like 1

Who holds the record? Incredibles?

Yeah, with 70.4m. Though technically there's a very off chance BH6 could still best that with a 17m OD since if it followed the Lorax's opening that would put it right around 70m for OW. That movie missed the record by like 200k with a 17m OD. But it had a Saturday jump that was crazy huge.

• Like 3

:flash:

very rough atm going with Inter 21-23, BH6 15-17, see how rest day pans out BH6 especially daytrade could be all over place , both films doing quite well daytime and for example Inter is currently above Gravity (Doesn't mean its stays that way it could go +/-)

Can I ask a question? Okay, so I bought $102 worth of Interstellar tickets last week. Would that already be included in the money reported to the studios, or is the money reported once the showing starts? Just curious

Can I ask a question? Okay, so I bought $102 worth of Interstellar tickets last week. Would that already be included in the money reported to the studios, or is the money reported once the showing starts? Just curious

I thought you were broke. Scalping them?

• Like 2

$21m-$23m is actually a REALLY strong number for Interstellar. When it comes to admissions, Interstellar is comfortably ahead. A 169 minute film with trailers isn't going to get as much showings as a film with a 105 minute runtime. 

• Like 5

I thought you were broke. Scalping them?

What? I am broke... after I bought my Interstellar tickets last week. It's only $9.39 mine though. The rest are other people's tickets I bought for my card so I get more credit at the AMC

• Like 2