grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

Neighbours, Ride Along and 22 Jump Street were quite hilarious  

Couldn't stand Neighbors, didn't see Ride Along, but 22 Jump Street was fab. Love the chemistry between Tatum and Hill, it feels so genuine.

Also, out of curiosity: you're in Canada but you wrote "Neighbours". Do Canadians spell that word the proper way, with a U?

• Like 2

We don't necessarily want a 3rd Dumb and Dumber. But what we do want is Jim Carrey getting back on his game and landing film roles where he can be the comic genius he is and also get some juicy dramatic roles (a la Eternal Sunshine and Truman Show performances). Whether you like DADT or not, it's success will only help Carrey begin a comeback to being a major player again. He is so talented it would fun to see him get back on his game.

After the Ace Ventura sequel, Jim never did a sequel till now and had never liked doing sequels.  The success of DD2 could help get his career back on track so he doesn't HAVE to do sequels.

Hey, I love Jim Carrey. Personally though, I want him out of movies for a bit. If this didn't do so well, I could see him doing a show, and working his way back to Hollywood.

Plus, I definitely want Carrey back in those dramatic roles :)

• Like 1

Neighbours was ok. I was a little disappointed. I know there was one joke that got me good but I can't even remember what it was.

Yeah, Neighbors wasn't bad or anything, but I was disappointed too. I think my expectations were too high.

For a similar reason, I'm trying not to get my hopes too high for The Interview.

Of those I only saw 22JS.

Hated it.

Best comedy I watched this year - Grand Budapest Hotel

hipsterlevel2_zpsd57dbe24.jpg

Do you guys watch comedies by yourseleves?

I always find comedies are must see films with friends... Crack open some beers, chips and hard and have a blast  :D

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

Couldn't stand Neighbors, didn't see Ride Along, but 22 Jump Street was fab. Love the chemistry between Tatum and Hill, it feels so genuine.

Also, out of curiosity: you're in Canada but you wrote "Neighbours". Do Canadians spell that word the proper way, with a U?

Most (if not all) of the British Commonwealth writes it with a U.

Most (if not all) of the British Commonwealth writes it with a U.

Huh, didn't know that. Is it only the US that has all these silly words, like color, theater and drive-thru?

I had always assumed Canada uses English the same way that the US does. You may have changed my entire perspective on life.