baumer

Weds numbers (full numbers on pg 8)

Nah.

I just hate Madagascar movies. And I hate how DW would rather make garbage, when they have potential to make great movies.

Strange, I'm not sure what garbage you refer to?

I wanted 16 for MJ1! Oh well, hopefully we get some decent holds this weekend. And those numbers are pretty awful for Horrible Bosses 2 and Penguins. Those pebbles really must have a poor exchange rate.

I wonder when the boxoffice will rebound... My guess is February when 50 Shades of Grey is released.

I mean it could still rebound around X-mas but it doesnt look like 2014 is going to be a year to remember at any point. Im not expecting Hobbit 3 to explode and the family films will probably hurt each other.

As for next year, 50 Shades can't save February by itself, it looks dire for the entire month.

Jupiter Ascending, Seventh Son going against each  other? LMAO 

Spongebob Squarepants? The first Spongebob adaption didnt do great. 

Then a Will Smith dramedy to end the month? Boring.

I think March is when the box office will really start to pick up. Chappie, Cinderella, Insurgent, Get Hard all look like pretty big hits. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 3

I wanted 16 for MJ1! Oh well, hopefully we get some decent holds this weekend. And those numbers are pretty awful for Horrible Bosses 2 and Penguins. Those pebbles really must have a poor exchange rate.

I wonder when the boxoffice will rebound... My guess is February when 50 Shades of Grey is released.

Late December-mid January seems like a rebound to me:

Exodus

Hobbit 3

Annie

Into the Woods

Unbroken

Selma

Taken 3

The Wedding Ringer

American Sniper

Night at the Museum 3 and The Interview should both do decent as well

Yeah happy thanksgiving to everyone is America! Too bad the #s aren't as good for the holiday. I'm really feeling bad for DreamWorks, and hope the numbers pick up over the weekend, and hiyo day legs carry Penguins to 125 domestic, and hopefully 370+ OS...

Late December-mid January seems like a rebound to me:

Exodus

Hobbit 3

Annie

Into the Woods

Unbroken

Selma

Taken 3

The Wedding Ringer

American Sniper

Night at the Museum 3 and The Interview should both do decent as well

I'm not convinced the GA interest in movies will rebound so soon but I hope you are right. This whole year has had a number of movies that seemed solid on paper but ended up underperforming. I expected November to be much bigger. I predicted...

Interstellar $240-$275

Mockingjay $375-$400

Horrible Bosses 2 $100-$125

Penguins of Madagascar $125-$150

Edited by Aplandg
  • Like 1

Numbers will go down today for football games.

Horrible 2 will be hit the hardest, while animated movies will hold the best.

Last year kids movies dropped the most, while adult movies had the best holds on Thanksgiving.

Please tell me why you expect the opposite to happen this year.

• Like 1