baumer

Weds numbers (full numbers on pg 8)

That's quite a shitty bump for MJ1, 10% less than CF, and the Tuesday bump was only 5% more.

I'm not sure why you're even comparing it to CF. It's not going to achieve a multiplier like its predecessors. 

The best comparison for it so far is DH1. 

After 6 days, DH1 is only ahead of it by $900k.

• Like 1

So Penguins earned less than The Muppets' Wed #s. I see about 25-27M for its 3 day weekend.

And BH6 jumped about 28% from its Tues #. Slightly lower than Ralph's 32%. Although if it contnues to hold the same, it's looking to reach more than 18M on its 3day weekend and drop less than 10%. I am definitely satisfied with that.

• Like 2

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR earned an estimated $6.25M on opening day Wednesday. #PenguinsOfMadagascar

— BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) November 27, 2014

Ouch! :o

BIG HERO 6 earned an estimated $4.18M on Wednesday. Domestic total stands at $145.4M. #BigHero6

— BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) November 27, 2014

That's OK--hoped for better, but the movie is still holding up fine, and for animation these days that's good news!

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with the Penguins of Madagascar number? It's going to see most of its business on the weekend. A $45M+ 5-day is still possible.

Not surprised with the Horrible Bosses 2 number. Figured this would be a sequel most wouldn't care about.

Ouch! :o

That's OK--hoped for better, but the movie is still holding up fine, and for animation these days that's good news!

That's a great hold in the face of direct competition. BH6 should make 18M+ for the 3-day weekend. 200M is locked now and it should leg it's way to 215-220M.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with the Penguins of Madagascar number? It's going to see most of its business on the weekend. A $45M+ 5-day is still possible.

Not surprised with the Horrible Bosses 2 number. Figured this would be a sequel most wouldn't care about.

Lol no. Penguins will reach 40M max for 5 day weekend with that Wed number.